Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Played out words,any body else cringe to certain ones?

1. Amazing (adjective)

2.)So {over} (adverb)

3.)Prolly (?)

·
Registered
9,677 Posts
SO...ai-yit peeps prolly served ginormous pwned loose amazing fashizzle. SNAP! WORD yo DAt b dat der ebonic kickin ole schoo SAVVY

·
Premium Member
13,378 Posts
It's AMAZING, but I PROLLY won't use these words. SO don't worry about me using them in my posts. :p

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Wyatt said:
pwned, or any other wordage of owned.
i second and third this one! i don't know why these stupid kids aren't happy enough with the word that they have to make up dumb ways to spell it. i have seen pwned, p3ned, p(backwards 3 but i don't know how to do it :eek: )ned, etc. why? :confused:

·
Registered
972 Posts
How about the very overused SWEET!

In the medical profession, the word WELLNESS irks me as well. It is a cobbled together term that started out sometime in the 80's and sounds gramatically incorrect. I wish people would stop using it!

·
Registered
896 Posts
jimhowie2000 said:
How about the very overused SWEET!
I like 'sweet' and 'shweet'... though I'd like to see 'ill' and 'sick' (with positive meaning) go away..

Of course, every generation has it's slang...my older brother's generation had words like 'far-out', 'groovy', and 'bitchen'....trying to remember what my generation had as unique when I was a teen in the Big 80s...I think I used 'awesome' and 'dude' alot.. :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
i second and third this one! i don't know why these stupid kids aren't happy enough with the word that they have to make up dumb ways to spell it. i have seen pwned, p3ned, p(backwards 3 but i don't know how to do it :eek: )ned, etc. why? :confused:
Yet again, I have to explain to these old people. :freak:

The word "Pwn" originated as a mispelling (what letter is next to o on your keyboard?), and was quickly addopted into the leet(1337) gaming "language" along with other spellings, such as n00b.
The word "pwn" can be referred to as "pure ownage" = pwnage.
So "pwnage" isn't going away anytime soon.
:wave:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts