Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy y'all!

I just popped in to say "wassup?"

Been takin a computer break,while starting a new direction.

...Got hired about a month ago,from the Florida DOT.

The job entails driving dump trucks,attenuator trucks,hot mix asphalt trucks etc,on a highway maintenance patch crew.

It's hard work,shoveling tons of hot asphalt every day and manually packing the patches down.
(evidently,it seems the state of Florida believes, if a machine can do the job,then it's perfectly fine for manual labor)

However and fortunately,the weather's been cool.
When the blazing summertime hits,..then shoveling 2-300 degree asphalt should get interesting.

The work hours are many and sometimes, the (overtime) 15 to 23 hour days can chew a whole right through ya.

(also,my typical commute,just over to the next county took over 2- hours to get home on Thursday)

I took a break from here because I felt my inane and too-often narcissistic posts were
infesting the board,(much like crap, in an unmaintained and neglected dog kennel.)

I'll be back from time to time.
It seems that it's hard to stay away from here for too long.

I miss the good folks here.
(ALL-y'all)

and for the guys I've promised to hook up goodies for; Don't think for a minute, I've forgotton what,who,why and where.

(I'm spending part of today, wrapping up those boxes,hoping for an opportune moment to hit the p.o.)

the (once daily)diecast searches have almost completely stopped,I seldom peek into that aisle,while getting groceries for my lunches but when I do,the JL selection has been bleak,...at best.

I want to share a sad picture with y'all, when I can get a chance.

While patching a pot hole one day,I noticed something gold,out of the corner of my eye.

In front of a shabby old pizza place, was Grandpa Munsters Dragula.

The bubble canopy was chopped down into a roadster type windscreen,the tires were all flat ,the lantern headlamps were broken and rusty and a disgusting old sleeping bag was half-hazzardly thrown over the opening of the cockpit in an attempt to protect it from the elements.

Other than that ,the aircleaners,radiator,exhaust pipes and coffin were unmistakable.

...I hope to someday soon,pop into the pizza place and ask the owner,"WTF!!"

(HMMMM, Maybe I can buy it and restore it, before it's too late)

Y'all have fun,I'll pop in when I can!

WOOF and out!

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
*rubs eyes, thinks he's seeing Robdog in his dreams talking about Dragula's in pot holes; vows never to eat pizza so late at night again*

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Good to see ya! And congrats on the new job. Glad to hear everything is ok at the kennel.

Does this mean you're gonna start collecting Highway Dept. diecast vehicles now? :lol:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Listen, my friend, you never once "polluted" (or what ever word you choose to use) a single page on Hobby Talk. Many - I repeat - MANY people looked forward to hearing from you on a regular basis, and you never failed them.

Good luck in your endeavors, and your "hunting", and don't pull this disappearing stuff again or I'll personally come down to Florida and mistreat you with your own pothole-filling shovel!!! :lol:

You were missed, RobDog :thumbsup:

Now, lets get some of these other "Missing In Action" folks back here as well ;)

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Rob

Just remember, at least you are doing that in Florida... you could have been up in Chicago doing it if you guys would have gone that way instead....

keep us up here, especially about the Dragula

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Hey RobDog, we miss you. Please don't stay away long. Congrats on the new job. Might be hard work but at least it will never be boring.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Good to hear from you again, RobDog. I, for one, really appreciate your somewhat warped sense of humor. And missed it too.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
*crouches down on all fours under a full moon*
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WOOO WOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Glad you're back Sir Dog! As you can see, you have been missed. Just remember, a dog is naturally a pack animal, not a loner. So, welcome back to the pound, Dog! :wave: :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Hey dawg, funny, I come back then you show up ..... you following me????

ah well could be worse things, just cut out the sniffing ok :devil:

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
So nice to see the Dog back where he belongs! Now I thnk we all have to scratch behind his ears and toss him a couple of treats to keep him around! Welcome Back Dog!

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Nice to see you back Dog!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
hi ya rob
it's all most done. wont be long now.
later gunn

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Good to hear from you Rob. Good luck with the new job. I too have taken a serious break from here and JL collecting in general. I do drop in now and again to see what's new.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
RobDog and Pony posting here on the same day.
Beautiful.

Rob, as you should know by now, must of us look forward to reading your posts because they are ALWAYS INTERESTING.
And many of us certainly missed you.

And now as far as Pony goes, she was missed too.
And a great big welcome, Connie.
I for one certainly missed you.
If nothing else, do stop in and post occasionally to let some of us whu really care, know how you are doing.

Indeed, it has been a wonderful day.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Welcome back RobDog!

Good luck with the new job!

Looking forward the seeing some pics of your customs.

Take Care and try to relax when you can..........STUTZ

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Rob,
Woof! Arf arf arf bow wowow! Grrrrrrrrrr! Rrrrrrrr bowowwow!:thumbsup: Rrrrrrrruff! Woof woof howwwwwwwllllll!!!!!!
If ya know what I'm sayin.;)

Good to hear from you brother.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts