Hobbyist Forums banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I am not really qualified to answer what's different other than traffic has slowed down on all diecast sites. There were the verbal skirmishes here which I don't see much of nowadays on any boards.

I enjoy popping in from time to time to see what's up in the JL world and this community. I appreciate being able to come here when I have a JL question.

I know that there are other segments to Hobby Talk but there is only so much time in my day.

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
modsquad said:
Hi Tom,
Two words come to mind: Totalitarian and censorship. No thanks my friend...
No problem my friend, but that is when I enjoyed it the most.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
carnut2256 said:
The Commitee for Decency on Hobby Talk has just met in an emergency session, prompted by this post, and would like to issue the following statement:

We adhere to strict moral standards here on the HTJLBB (well, okay, they're not really "strict" but we gotta try and draw a line somewhere!) and have decided that we cannot allow nudity or nakedness of any kind
*Streaks*

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I for one can't say I'm an expert on anything but I will say I've enjoyed the off topic discussions and the who can reach what Post # first games and the pictures of what people have done or are planning on doing.

It's amazing to me that when I became a member on this site, I felt like a real nebie and now I feel confident about posting what I feel needs to be said.

Unfortuantely for me, I love politics and they do tend to be on the nasty side.
I know that the older I get and the more I make the more irritated I get about where my tax dollars are being spent. (Oh well)

The phinies(Sp) character by carnut in an interesting sideshow, not sure whether to laugh or reach in and grab the guy and shake some sense into him, but he is an interesting character.

I really liked it when the PM workers would come in and explain ideas or give certain ideas a run. I loved the pics of what might be comming down the pike.

Richard

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
I'd be lying if I said the board is better now. I miss the old days. I will say that moderating the board is much different now than it was then (under PM). I had to walk on eggshells (hahahah! sometimes I was asked to lie!) of what I said about the JL product, now I can say whatever the heck I want.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
midtown said:
I'd be lying if I said the board is better now. I miss the old days. I will say that moderating the board is much different now than it was then (under PM). I had to walk on eggshells (hahahah! sometimes I was asked to lie!) of what I said about the JL product, now I can say whatever the heck I want.

Being a noob and all.. Let me see if I got this one straight.. You were asked to lie?!?! :confused: Who owns/controls the board now?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
computer guy said:
The phinies(Sp) character by carnut in an interesting sideshow, not sure whether to laugh or reach in and grab the guy and shake some sense into him, but he is an interesting character.
Richard

I've been asked about this before, and even posted on it once or twice. Farnsworth is not my alter ego (though I do have a pretty large one!), nor is he a way of me expressing my own point of view in another form.

He quite simply is a "leveler", a windbag, a farce, an exageration, a conscience, a humorous look at ourselves and each other, and overall a lot of fun (IMOHO) to have around the board. I would hope the majority of you would agree.

He is here to make you laugh, make you think, make you mad, make you respond with an opinion.

Sometime even I have a hard time with him, and I'm (gulp) a friend of his.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
midtown said:
At least, there is one positive for you today, Matt. Freedom of speech.
I could never lie. I would rather not say anything than lie.
Call it morals and scruples or anything that you like.
All things change with time. You can never go back.
But it is interesting to know how things have changed. Evolution.
New company with JL. A lot of new faces. Changing attitudes.
And people not flaming each other for the most part.
But we still have Modsquad to keep discussions interesting from time to time.

Yes, I often wonder what became of those fine ladies that worked for PM.
That is one thing that we can say that we miss from days gone by.

It is the members who are active here that for the most part, dictate
the content and direction that this forums takes. Less controversial today.
The moderators KEEP US in line. And that is good.

Chers. Cobra

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Lovemy1971Camar said:
Being a noob and all.. Let me see if I got this one straight.. You were asked to lie?!?! :confused: Who owns/controls the board now?
Maybe "lie" is a strong word, but I was asked to sugarcoat my comments (and comments of others) on many of ocassions.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
midtown said:
Maybe "lie" is a strong word, but I was asked to sugarcoat my comments (and comments of others) on many of ocassions.
nothing worse in the world than being a mod and being expected to follow the party line. It puts you in an uncomfortable position sometimes, speaking from experience.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Atencio said:
nothing worse in the world than being a mod and being expected to follow the party line. It puts you in an uncomfortable position sometimes, speaking from experience.
Agreed. Moderating for PM was more of a corporate job (without getting paid). Moderating for Bobby is just fun.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
accobra64 said:
The moderators KEEP US in line. And that is good.

Chers. Cobra
Everyone here does a pretty good job of moderating themselves. It's a good group of guys, you make my job very easy.

·
Stagger, stagger, crawl.
2,945 Posts
I miss many of the old timers that haven't posted in a long time and I also miss the posting raids on other boards. I know that Hank really hated them but they were fun! :tongue:

This board is still a great place for info and some of the topics are a real hoot! I think we have some really good posters here. Funny, insightful and informative. I even like reading the prose from our most long-winded poster.

Even though I don't collect the Johnny Lightning cars anymore (Toppers, Fest cars and 203-04 Challenger wl's only now) I still come here almost every day to peruse these pages.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts