Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things evolve, change over time, as does this board. So let me ask please:

What's different about the board these days?

What do you like about that?

What do you miss?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, here's one thing that might be different; a topic like this posted for almost 2 hours, 16 views, and not a single reply??? Hmmmmmm..........

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Well, here's one thing that might be different; a topic like this posted for almost 2 hours, 16 views, and not a single reply??? Hmmmmmm..........
This is a difficult answer because by us answering offends other folks (not that offending others has ever stopped me - LOL).
Perhaps not enough "topics like this" (if you know what I mean). Too many dull or similar "done over a thousand times again topics" and soon enough folks simply turn off (hence your tardy responses).

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Наилучшим образом, я реально не умею как объяснить его, но что-то здесь друг. Кажется, что будет много меньше обсуждение о плашке брошенной these days. Я сортирую желания, котор весь из форумов бросания плашки были совмещены. Та дорога, там всегда была бы что-то идя дальше.
:thumbsup:

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
zeb41 said:
????????? ???????, ? ??????? ?? ???? ??? ????????? ???, ?? ???-?? ????? ????. ???????, ??? ????? ????? ?????? ?????????? ? ?????? ????????? these days. ? ???????? ???????, ????? ???? ?? ??????? ???????? ?????? ???? ?????????. ?? ??????, ??? ?????? ???? ?? ???-?? ??? ??????.
:thumbsup:
I agree.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
I realize that these boards are here primarily for us to share our interests of these little toy cars. However, it is much more interesting when you get the chance to get to know everyone through discussing politics and other O/T or maybe even controversial topics. It's too bad that some folks can't have such a discussion without getting nasty or resorting to personal attacks, which kinda shows a lack of maturity on their part. Some people can't seem to voice their opinions without ramming them down everyone else's throats.

( what?! A lack of maturity from a bunch of people who collect & play with toy cars? :confused: )

Anyways, I understand the point of view about uniting the community instead of dividing it, but it just insn't as interesting when you have to be politically correct about everything.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll add my two cents worth, since the public is clamoring for it (and I wouldn't want to disappoint them!):

I have been on the board for 2 and a half years now, long enough to remember some great posters (who are seldom heard from anymore) and to have been around for some memorable (and epic!) posts. I have laughed, thought deeply, and on and on and on. I learned a lot about JL's (which is obviously the main point of the board anyway, right?) but my favorite threads have always been the O/T's. I feel lucky to have taken part in some of these.

I have seen some pretty strong "newbies" make their mark on the board this year (thanks folks, for contributing!) but even still I don't feel nearly qualified enough to answer the questions I myself posed. I just wanted some point of view from the true "veterans" of the board. While there may be many things (and people) that they miss from days gone by (and I'm curious what that might be!), I also wonder what (or "who") is "new" that they've liked.

BTW, does anyone remember the PM ladies who briefly took part on the board when the sale was taking place??? It was nice that they took the time to visit with us, the folks that they did all of that work for. Wonder how they all are doing today?

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Captain Fred said:
I realize that these boards are here primarily for us to share our interests of these little toy cars. However, it is much more interesting when you get the chance to get to know everyone through discussing politics and other O/T or maybe even controversial topics. It's too bad that some folks can't have such a discussion without getting nasty or resorting to personal attacks, which kinda shows a lack of maturity on their part. Some people can't seem to voice their opinions without ramming them down everyone else's throats.
Hello Fred,
I agree - it would be nice, but it would be very unrealistic too.
Call me cynical, but politics at its core is infact nasty. Each side pushing their opinion and agendas to placate their constituancy whilst to the ire of the other side. And all of them (yes, including my beloved Republicans - most of them) put on a very,very phoney face. Coming halfway across the isle rarely happens (it did briefly immeadiatly after 9-11) and when it does it is about as short lived as on its merit as is on its genuiness to really want to work together with "the other side". They all say that.
Look at what happened yesterday in Congress and you will see politics without the pathetically transparent diplomatic cloaks and masks.
I'd rather see it this way personally - at least you know which side is really which (with their REAL naked agendas) without the smokescreens and the fog.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Some of that stuff in the House was pretty funny last night, modsquad. I espeically liked the bit when Rep. Schmidt brought up the phone call from the Marine and the whole House sounded like it was a free for all.

·
Geico ad . . . Offensive?
6,702 Posts
I don't miss,,,,,,,,,all those stupid,,,,,,,,,commas,,,,,,,,in a lot of posts.

Not a slam on the author of those posts, just those stupid commas.

'doba

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
modsquad said:
(with their REAL naked agendas) without the smokescreens and the fog.
The Commitee for Decency on Hobby Talk has just met in an emergency session, prompted by this post, and would like to issue the following statement:

We adhere to strict moral standards here on the HTJLBB (well, okay, they're not really "strict" but we gotta try and draw a line somewhere!) and have decided that we cannot allow nudity or nakedness of any kind, be they agendas or anything else, whether they are obscured by fog or smokescreens or other such "devices" ....... we know that behind all that, they're still really naked.

We are moving to make an example for all other HT members by inflicting severe punishment upon the member known as "modsquad". We considered simple suspension, which evolved into strict suspension, which led to lifetime suspension, which led to banishment, which led to exile out of the country, then from the internet completely ... which left us with him languishing in a small deprived internet-less third world country until the day he died. The majority of Commitee members had no problem with that, until one of them - who shall remain nameless - (okay, it was Kenny Kaos) pointed out that those unfortunate people had never done anything to in effect be themselves punished by mod's forced lifetime exile with them. So, we were forced to re-think the entire "Official" position on the subject, which led to a major disagreement among the entire Commitee membership, with things becoming very heated and turning physical, which led to members brawling with each other, which led to clothes being ripped, which led to the entire HTJLBB Commitee for Decency being left completey ......... naked. They decided to just disbar each other , leave mod alone (feeling even they would feel too hypocatic to live with that), and just call it a day .........

What was the question again?????
Oh, B-7. Thanks for the contest! :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1976Cordoba said:
I don't miss,,,,,,,,,all those stupid,,,,,,,,,commas,,,,,,,,in a lot of posts.

Not a slam on the author of those posts, just those stupid commas.

'doba
Ahem,,,,,,,,, (tap tap tap) I am Phineas T, Farnsworth III, Official Spokesperson for the American Association of Grammatical Symbols, Comma Division,, We,, would like,,,, to call into question Mr, Cordoba's (he of "Rich" Corinthian Leather Heritage) qualifications,,,,,,,,,, to label commas everywhere as "stupid",,,,,,,

It is a fact,,,, that comma's don't cause bad punctuation, stupid people do, We insist on a speedy and complete retraction, and apology by Mr, Cordoba,,,

Thank,,,,,,,,,you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

American Association of Grammatical Symbols, Comma Division

(Official Motto, "Got Commas???????"),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Atencio said:
Some of that stuff in the House was pretty funny last night, modsquad. I espeically liked the bit when Rep. Schmidt brought up the phone call from the Marine and the whole House sounded like it was a free for all.
Hello Atencio,
I stood up from my "Archie Bunker chair" (as my wife calls it) and applauded. That was excellent. God how I miss B1 Bob Dornan...

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
And upon my banishment I give the good gentleman Phineas T, Farnsworth III from New England the House floor...you can have my remaining 1 minute and 26 seconds...

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
modsquad said:
And upon my banishment I give the good gentleman Phineas T, Farnsworth III from New England the House floor...you can have my remaining 1 minute and 26 seconds...

Peter, my friend, re-read that post...... in the end, your banishment was never approved before the infamous nekid brawl!

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Peter, my friend, re-read that post...... in the end, your banishment was never approved before the infamous nekid brawl!
Yes, we'll take this out back where the congressional garbage dumpsters are and we'll settle this with our fistacuffs like real polititians used to...

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
I miss it when PM took care of the BB. Other than that ....NO comment....I'll take the fifth.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts