Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Inspired by recent similar posts, (Carnut, you has created an monster) I ask you;
What is your favorite cancelled tv show?
And by this I mean a show that was killed off before it's time mainly, but knock yourself out.
I'll give one of mine 1st, then check back in throughout the day (time permitting).

God, The Devil, & Bob- Short lived animated series featuring James Garner as God. funny as hell and I would think very controversial when it was out. featured both God and the Devil displaying character flaws and nuerosis.

I didn't catch this when it originally aired, but saw several episodes on Bravo last year.

GO!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm going with FOX's Titus,
"This half-hour comedy chronicles the hilarious world of Christopher Titus and his totally messed-up poor white trash family. Between his drunken father, his dimwitted brother, and his goody-goody best friend, it's amazing Titus is alive, let alone engaged to a "normal" girl. Titus adapted Christopher Titus' stand-up routine in a novel way: each episode is narrated by Titus from a black & white "Neutral Space," from which he comments on the events as they unfold" description from tv.com

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Best I can think of is Sledgehammer. It was on for three seasons though so I don't know if it qualifies.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
Fox Force Five - A pilot only mentioned in the movie Pulp Fiction.

"A small tomato is struggling to keep up with his father. Dad turnaround and squashes the younger tomato. Dad says to the younger tomato "Ketchup"

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Sports Night rocked! I can't believe they cancelled that show - guess Sorkin was too busy with West Wing.

Just for old times sake - how many of you remember Tales of the Gold Monkey? Ok, it's been so long I'm not even sure if that's the right title!

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
the original Batman series and Green Hornet series form the mid 60's

also the Banana Splits show. One banana, Two banana, Three Banana, Four. 4 bananas make a bunch and so do many more.......

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Maximum Bob
Unfortunately, Maximum Bob, starring Beau Bridges, lasted only a few short weeks. Unfortunate because in this book Elmore Leonard introduces an interesting cast of characters, Kathy Baker, one of his rare female leads, is okay, but Bob "Maximum Bob" Gibbs, a notoriously lecherous and racist judge prone to harsh sentences, and Leanne, the judge's wife, former mermaid at the Weeki Wachee aqua bar, who--since a close encounter with an alligator--has developed a psychic link with a twelve year old slave girl, are both terrific.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Roseanne

Rosie O'donnell

90210 Beverly Hills

Melrose Place

Martin

:rolleyes: yeah right,and I've got an exciting life,with millions in the bank,too...

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Quantum said:
Justice League Unlimited
RobDog said:
Two, I mentioned in another post;

FASTLANE
DARK ANGEL
Yep. I give my nod to those great shows along with Knight Rider. Unfortunately both Dark Angel and Fastline fell to the Friday night slump on Fox where it seems nothing survives... :cry: JLU was a great show! Foolish network for cancelling it!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
"Get A Life" was so funny. I missed it when it got canceled.
"The State" a MTV skit comedy. Some of the cast are in RENO 911 now.
"Oop's" This one never had a chance but I like it at the time.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts