Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me its off-road racing. Raced the buggy last weekend and got 2nd place out of about 60 vehicles. I was kinda bummed since it's the first time I lost all year :(, but it was still a ton of fun! I got beat by Rick Huseman in a Prolite 2 Truck. He was flying! Once again my car was about 1/2 the size of anything else out there...pretty funny. Check out the video, you have to watch real close to see a couple clips of my car in action. http://www.dezertrangers.com/videos/rordday.wmv Racing is living.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
wouldn't that pic make a good custom. have you got a side shot of it and a back shot??

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gunn said:
wouldn't that pic make a good custom. have you got a side shot of it and a back shot??
That would be cool gunn! Do you think you could do it?? Ah, who am I kidding, I've seen your customs...you can pretty much do anything. Here is a side view. I have a rear view, but I don't know if I can upload it.

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
ive got the tires and i know just what to use for the body need a look at the engine and framing at the rear. then ill see what i can do in between customs im making for next years fest. i cant promise you a time line but i can try and get it as close as i can for ya. later gunn

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats on a good season and great race Dan!
As far as adrenaline goes,I'd love to find a place like the "Richard Petty driving school" that I attended,only with Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny cars as the weapon of choice. :dude:

Hey gunn, are you thinkin the HW off road type buggy with the machine guns on the sides,for a donor??(I totally space on the name of that thing right now)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
robdog yep pluse a 4 wheeler and 2 dirt track cars a tuner car alot of bondo and jb weld with some paper clips, screws,calipers and a very fast dremal :devil: parts are sitting right here on the table right now ..55 badman can you send pics to me? one of the side one of the front and one of the rear to [email protected] please put in subject area 55badman thanks. later gunn

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I thought about the dirt trackers too, after my first post.
I can picture how your gonna do it but what's the tuner for?(lights or seats perhaps?)

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
dang rob your on a roll tonite....ill be useing the seat from one and possibly the steering wheel.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RobDog said:
Congrats on a good season and great race Dan!
As far as adrenaline goes,I'd love to find a place like the "Richard Petty driving school" that I attended,only with Top Fuel Dragsters and Funny cars as the weapon of choice. :dude:

Hey gunn, are you thinkin the HW off road type buggy with the machine guns on the sides,for a donor??(I totally space on the name of that thing right now)
Tell me about that Petty driving school! I've always wanted to do that. How fast do they let you get the cars up to? What track did you drive on?

I've always wanted to do a Top Fuel car too. My buddy has a Pro Mod 54 ford wagon that would do 8's in a 1/4 mile and he always said that he was going to let me drive it sometime...I'm still waiting for sometime though.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gunn said:
robdog yep pluse a 4 wheeler and 2 dirt track cars a tuner car alot of bondo and jb weld with some paper clips, screws,calipers and a very fast dremal :devil: parts are sitting right here on the table right now ..55 badman can you send pics to me? one of the side one of the front and one of the rear to [email protected] please put in subject area 55badman thanks. later gunn
It sounds awesome gunn! I will get those pics off to you in a few. I have to get out in the garage and take some. It may not look quite as nice as it did before since I rolled it today:drunk: and broke some of the body work and lights.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
55Badman said:
Tell me about that Petty driving school! I've always wanted to do that. How fast do they let you get the cars up to? What track did you drive on?

I've always wanted to do a Top Fuel car too. My buddy has a Pro Mod 54 ford wagon that would do 8's in a 1/4 mile and he always said that he was going to let me drive it sometime...I'm still waiting for sometime though.
The Petty driving experience was one of the biggest rushes I've ever had in my life.I'm sure Bobby and a few others here, can concur.
What a way to celebrate my 40th B-day!

You follow an instructor and he monitors your driving.
If you stay on his tail and get no yellow flags from the flagger,then he'll speed up and let you go, balls out!
When your driving 175 mph average,the corners come so fast you almost forget which end your on.

I'm sorry you rolled your toy,I hope the cosmetics are back together soon!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
just what i needed now i know what to use for the rear :thumbsup: thanks
later gunn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts