Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, I stayed home, didn't leave the house, didn't do anything, didn't see anyone.

I certainly didn't go to a die cast show with Dav_anto364 and Dad's Coronet and meet up with ECchopper. Nope. Not me.

And I sure didn't ravage the die cast dealers of a nearby Flea Market with that gang. Nope. Got the wrong guy.

By no means did I go with that bunch to meet Dadvball, and tag team a Toys R Us before heading off for lunch with that crazy crew.

If anyone tries to say I did, don't believe them. :p :wave:

They'll probably make up a bunch of stories.

Big fibbers :tongue: :hat:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
sounds like you (didnt) have a great time!!!

Certainly a more eventful Sunday than mine. I got up, went to Lowes for some wood, then turned that wood into something quite useful. I dont want to say more yet, Once it is all the way assembled, I'll be posting a thread about it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Didn't do much today...quiet day here in Phoenix...swam for a while, sat by the pool and relaxed..going to a concert downtown tonight (Eric Clapton)..

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
For me, it was watch the Boston Bruins vs. Detroit Red Wings hockey game and then watch the NASCAR race.
A quiet day for me, too.
I didn't even go shopping with my wife, as I opted to stay home.
It was an enjoyable day.
Carnut, thanks for asking.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
me, I worked on the truck, the norm for weekends.
Started the installation of the under-bed gas tank, put on a third brake light, and just piddled around.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I cut some wood this afternoon, then went into town to check out WM. Came home with a Coke Ford Roadster. Then grabbed supper at Red Lobster. Now relaxing. Back to to the grind tomorrow.......

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Wow Nut' , that's funny...I did'ent do any of those things either!

I worked today! Maybe 10 hours of paper work and projects, trying to get braced for a very BUSY upcoming week!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Basically a quiet day. Surfing the net, working on customs, talking to family on the phone. However, during my conversation with my son, I had the very unpleasant opportunity to hear what 8 acrylic six car display cases filled with precious JL's sound like hitting the floor from 5 feet up. :freak: Lost a BWF GTX (going to have to disassemble and do a wheel swap) and a 442 from the GM Muscle 10 pack (crunched) among other chips and scrapes. 2 hours later it's back on the wall, and this time it's not coming down. :wave:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
SkipperC said:
Basically a quiet day. Surfing the net, working on customs, talking to family on the phone. However, during my conversation with my son, I had the very unpleasant opportunity to hear what 8 acrylic six car display cases filled with precious JL's sound like hitting the floor from 5 feet up. :freak: Lost a BWF GTX (going to have to disassemble and do a wheel swap) and a 442 from the GM Muscle 10 pack (crunched) among other chips and scrapes. 2 hours later it's back on the wall, and this time it not coming down. :wave:
Sorry to hear about the crunching!

-In best Marvin the Martian voice- "Where is the Earth shattering kaboom? There was supposed to be an Earth shattering kaboom!"

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Trust me, this was a noise like I've never heard before in my life. 48 JL's screaming for their lives amid the sharp cracking of plastic and the skittering and scraping of paint and plastic....it was horrible I tell you, HORRIBLE!!!! :p

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Thanks for asking. I had a diecast morning and early afternoon. I rented a table at the local toy show. Lots of diecast there. I'm guesing about 200 tables of toys. I did good as in the fact I didn't leave my table to walk around. If I had I would have spent as much as I took in (would not be the first time). I was there to decrease my inventory not add to it. Sold some $1.00, $2.00, and $3.00 Johnnies. Our own Macnut was there and he sat with me for hours, we talked diecast and watched the people, both was fun.
We talked about the 2007 non-JL Fest. We have both gone to fest since 2004 where we both ended up at the same dinner table and met.
Got home about 3:00, ate a little bit, and started watching the race. Well next thing I know my wife is waking me up for dinner. And its 8:30. Stayed up last night till 2:30 and then got up at 5:30. Guess I was sleepy.
So all in all didn't get squat done today, but had fun.
Now I need to go find out who won the race.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
all I did today and yesterday was selling 8 72 car JL display cases and sell about 50 JL`s at the local flea market to make up for me losing my water pump last saturday.I also have 6 more of my cases sold already for next saturday. I actually needed to update my cases to the newer style anyways so now I`ll have the excuse to do so. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Toy Vettes said:
I worked on a custom JL and then took the headers/heads of my GN. Busted a knuckle too! (on the GN not the custom!)
Thanks for shipping my order so fast!! I'm real happy with the cars, but forgot all about your discount.:cry:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Went to my first flea market of the year. Got about 30 cars to add to my collection. Mostly HW, but did get a few older JLs that I missed the first time around :)

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Slept in since the wife and kids went to church. :D Went to a softball clinic (indoors of course!) with my youngest. Been home since 4:30pm and haven't done much since, except win one of the BWF WLs I need for my set. :thumbsup:

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I went to a diecast swap meet today to watch Jeff Koch try to hussle stuff and selling to me when he got bored.
Overall I had a good day. Picked up a little bit of everything.
Got the one HW I always wanted, a chrome Boss Hoss Mustang in pretty good condition.
Also from HW: Nissan 300ZX, IROC Firebird, Pontiac Banshee, Jag. XJ220, Olds Aurora, Lamborghini Countach, Lamborghini Diablo, Porsche Caymen S
From JL I got the 69 Camaro and 64 1/2 Mustang pace cars and two Z-11 Impalas
From MBX: Hearse Caddy. NSF with silver windows: Lamborghini Diablo, Ferrari F40, NSF-Turbo T-bird
From Majorette: Mercedes CLK GTR, Mercedes SL500
From Kidco'80: 56 T-bird with opening trunk
From Road Champs circa 83: 83 T-bird with opening doors
From Zee'80: 56 T-bird
From Zee'81: 300 SL Mercedes gullwing, Ferrari Berlinetta Boxer
From Zee'85: T-bird Nascar
From Zylmex(date unknown): Lamborghini Countach
From Balkamp(?): Ford Napa van
From Fastwheel: 68? Mercury wagon
From Grell ( Cars are East German replicas): W Camping, W 353 Police car, P240 Kombi, Trabant 601 with camper trailer, Sachsenring P240, Framo V901/2 Kombi, some kind of Trabant I think with a tent on top of it.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Hit the flea market Sunday. Saw some decent die-cast, but guys down there often ask crazy money, which would explain the faded, wrinkled cards from sitting there week after week. I did pick up an old Hotwheels Scrambler, the silver one with the Rough Riders from '82. Went home and watched the race.
This weekend there is a Great Train Expo, so I'll be in a real spending mood. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Me, I stayed home, didn't leave the house, didn't do anything, didn't see anyone.

I certainly didn't go to a die cast show with Dav_anto364 and Dad's Coronet and meet up with ECchopper. Nope. Not me.

And I sure didn't ravage the die cast dealers of a nearby Flea Market with that gang. Nope. Got the wrong guy.

By no means did I go with that bunch to meet Dadvball, and tag team a Toys R Us before heading off for lunch with that crazy crew.

If anyone tries to say I did, don't believe them. :p :wave:
So Mr. Carnut and company, what kind of diecast goodies did you all 'not' buy?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts