Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today when I was driving to work, I saw a beautiful 1970? Cutlass ragtop. It was a bronze color in fully restored condition! I was wondering if anyone else has seen a car today that makes you slow down and appreciate Detriot's glory days?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Went to get some T Bones to Bar-B-Q tonight,
Saw a killer '71 torino gt, it was parked right next to my freezer in the garage.
seriously though, I saw a 1970 AMC Rebel 'The Machine' on a auto transport
travelling down I-90 Westbound. Looked very sharp.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Just got back from driving my 72 Montego GT, today is it's first day back on the road from the over winter trans overhaul/ engine bay clean and repaint. Man, what a car! Almost blew off work this afternoon.

·
Registered
812 Posts
1967 Dodge Dart 4 Door, yellow, almost no rust and looks original! I see it every morning on my way to work. It is a daily driver, since I often see it on the road.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
Not from Detroit and not a muscle car but the other day I saw a Ferrari F430. It was beautiful.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I see a factory fresh 69 triple black 69 LeMans every other day (I want this car SO badly), also a metallic brown 70 Galaxie 500 XL convertible about twice a week.
Once in awhile I see a dead mint blue 62 Country Squire wagon.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
I saw a 1977 Special Edition Trans Am out today... the guy was washing it and talking to it and drying it off.. then he took it for a little drive... man, did he have a smile on his face!!!!! :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw a fully restored (very nicely I might add) 69 camaro coming back from WalMart the other day. Almost had a wreck slowing down to enjoy it. There was a car show in the parking lot of a strip mall a few weekends ago so I saw quite a few on the road, but that wasn't fair.

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
I see this one every day, the guy runs a lawnmower/small engine repair biz.
It's a pretty wicked car.
Tons of body work; 88 Pontiac Grand Prix front end, reshaped roof, shaved doors, 2 piece hood, ground effects, GMC truck tailights.
454 bored .030 over, Nascar cam, owner claims over 450 hp.
It all looks factory, according to the owner it was originally done by a body shop employee of the local Pontiac dealer back in '90.
The owner said this car cost him his license once. He's 68 years old and lost his license for street racing!

Sorry this is the only pic I have of it.

·
Registered
10,980 Posts
montegogt said:
Just got back from driving my 72 Montego GT, today is it's first day back on the road from the over winter trans overhaul/ engine bay clean and repaint. Man, what a car! Almost blew off work this afternoon.
I'm dissapointed in you. today is screaming to have a 72 Montigo GT driven all afternoon. Then a trip to the driveway for a loving scrub down and patted dry with a soft shammy......Nice way to spend the afternoon. If you don't want to do it just drive it to La Porte and fill up the gas tank and I will.

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
rolled up in a tube.. I can't decide if I wnat to put it on and get another one when I have the car restored... probably will, it would look so much better...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts