Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.
I'm posting this here because this is the board where I hang out most.

Many of you probably remember that a couple of weeks back Hobby Talk member Boss9 posted started a thread in which he asked me to decide on something for him to bring back for me. I told him that if he found a Minichamps Type 3 Ghia I would love to have one, but if he couldn't find that, then anything he wasnted to bring back was fine. Well the Boss is back and this is what he brought back for me. It's made by Lledo and it's identified as a Scammel Ballast Box with Low Loader and Box Load. It measures 8 5/8" long by 2 3/4" high. It is number 3155 of 7900. The packaging gives the scale as suitable for 'OO' scale railway layouts.
The Bossman told me,
"Circus and fair related die-cast are immensely popular over there, but are not that widely produced and highly sought after."
I really like this piece. It's unlike anything that I have in my collection. As I told him, I am placing it in the center of the top shelf of my bookcase. That is my official place of honor. It's a great spot because it's right at eye level and I will see it every time I walk into my room (unless there is no light source, of course.:roll: ).
He also sent along something from his own collection. It is a Hongwell 1:72 scale MG B Cabrio. It was something that he bought because it came with a trailer, which he used for his slots. I think the MG is great too. I just wanted to send out a really big "thanks" to Phil for his generosity and to share with all of you my new toys. Hope you like them.
Zeb

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Real nice Zeb, I take a special interest in that type of vehicle because it is not only real nice and unique, it is also difficult to find any collectables with unique trailers! MG looks real nice also, Enjoy the whole package!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts