Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in NYC, and saw a prius and camry taxi, no joke. It looked so weird and out of place. But it is good to get hybrids compared to the gas guzzling crown vics on the street. So nice to see american cars serving us! :jest:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
It will be interesting to hear how those econoboxes hold up under that punishment. The Vics are there for a reason. Thay are all ex cop cars and built with heavy duty systems and cared for very well usually.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TheDarkCutlass said:
you sure it just wasnt the ''cash cab'' (its a show on TLC or Discovery, cant remember which one) and they use a Prius i believe.
Actually, Cash cab uses a toyota sienna.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Galaxieman said:
It will be interesting to hear how those econoboxes hold up under that punishment. The Vics are there for a reason. Thay are all ex cop cars and built with heavy duty systems and cared for very well usually.
I was just up in NYC less than 2 weeks ago for Toy Fair, and there are plenty of those Crown Vics on the road - probably more taxis than actual drivers LOL!

I walked past the taxi repair place on my way to the Javits center, plenty of them getting work done. I don't think they are cared for very well if they are ex-cop cars, they take a beating most of the time.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Sheesh, it wasn't bad enough they let Toyota into Nascar, now they are taking over the taxi business? I guess there isn't even going to be an such a thing as an American car anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts