Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having finally getting completely caught up on the very last JL BWFs known to man (and "The Committee" :p ), I turned my attention to "non JL" BWFs. Having heard scattered news of the two BWFs put out by Tiger Wheels, I searched my "Favorites" and looked to the Tiger Wheels site..... or at least, I tried to. It appears to no longer be "in service".

I visited several OLD websites to see if they carried either or both of these BWFs (the Ford Maverick, and the Funny Car), without success.

Does anyone know if TW has actually "bitten the dust", and do any OLDs here have either or both of these BWFs?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Im not sure whats happened with Tiger Wheels .. Collectors Net USA was their 'company' / distributor . I do have all the Mavericks they made . 3 are Flamed .. see pic . Yellow one was a Puerto Rico exclusive .. Black & yellow are 1/750 , red is 1/1000 .

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
edseldave said:
Im not sure whats happened with Tiger Wheels .. Collectors Net USA was their 'company' / distributor . I do have all the Mavericks they made . 3 are Flamed .. see pic . Yellow one was a Puerto Rico exclusive .. Black & yellow are 1/750 , red is 1/1000 .
I have had ZERO luck contacting CNUSA :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
a little pricey but here you go rich. ;) they also have a maverick 5 pack that includes this car for $31 plus change. what other BWF did they do? i only know of the maverick. *edit* never mind. i found the funny car. they also have on the site linked in this post. :thumbsup:

http://www.classicracing.com/MerchantCart/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CRC&Product_Code=04tw70maverickgrabberblackwflames164&Category_Code=tw

you might as well grab the GNX for a few dollars more. scroll down to the bottom. :thumbsup: the GNX is sweet!
http://www.classicracing.com/MerchantCart/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CRC&Category_Code=tw

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info, Chris. A to Z is one of the many OLDs that never got back to me either. I'll try the rest and see what I come up with.

Thanks for the help. :thumbsup:

BTW, these guys had both cars on their website, and a bunch of castings I don't even remember seeing on the Tiger Wheels company website!!! (I'll confirm the availability of the BWF cars with a phone call later today)

http://www.classicracing.com/MerchantCart/merchant.mv?

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
What's the second BWF you found? That funny car that looks like it's got Cheetos on the hood??

I ended up getting my Maverick from a dealer in Puerto Rico....after three months...

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Every JL BWF? Wow, you really do have a museum worthy collection!
The only one missing is that Gratefull Dead VW Bus that has yet to be fully accepted by the "Committee". I think Nick and Mike are still neck and neck with me though. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
An update: While seeing several online vendors asking $12-14 for a BWF Maverick, I recently scored one on the 'Bay for $4.99

I'm a happy boy :)

Now, if I can only find that Funny Car :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Hey Rich! I am very impressed with the BWF collection. Pics of all please! BUT have you tried the JL colored with flames yet? I'm working on both of them. This gets kinda deep. But fun! It makes for a big list of cars but I'm trying! Maybe a colored with flames comittee is warrented here? Are you up for the challenge?
All in good fun!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
My post might continue this thread in a different direction, but it's BWF related...

A while back, computerguy (Richard) put together a complete list of JL BWFs. How about a CWF list? I'll bet it's a long one! I have a few CWFs but I have never gone on that 'quest'.

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
I just got the Maverick in the mail. It is sweet.

While on the non JL BWF subject, has anybody purchased the Hotwheels UltraHots BWF's? I got the 56 Flashsider. That is one sweet ride!

I also snagged another BWF when I got the 56 Flash.. You can see pics of that gem in the MATCHBOX room. Yes, the MB room!

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
I haven't seen a BWF Ultra Hot - is it from the newer series? Still trying to find the Cougar from that set.

There are some really, really nice 100% Hotwheels (black box) BWF's. Been keeping my eye out for those when possible!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts