Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A very close friend of mine died unexpectedly Sat. morning after having breakfast with his father and brother at a local eatery from a massive heart attack. Mike was 51. We had been friends and cohorts for the past 30 years. Many a night after our regular jobs we head out to make a few bucks doing whatever kind of work Mike found. He was always looking to make a buck. Then we'd hit the local bar for a few (or more) beers. Many a night we were in trouble with our wives because of it. We were out during the Blizzard of '78 picking up stranded people and bringing them home. I had a '53 Willys Jeep and you'd be surprised how many people we could squeeze into it. I've got many memories of the great times we had together, either just the two of us, or as couples.
Anyway, I figured I'd ask you guys and gals for a few extra prayers for his wife and family as they deal with his sudden passing.
Thank you.
Bill

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Dadvball said:
A very close friend of mine died unexpectedly Sat. morning after having breakfast with his father and brother at a local eatery from a massive heart attack. Mike was 51. We had been friends and cohorts for the past 30 years. Many a night after our regular jobs we head out to make a few bucks doing whatever kind of work Mike found. He was always looking to make a buck. Then we'd hit the local bar for a few (or more) beers. Many a night we were in trouble with our wives because of it. We were out during the Blizzard of '78 picking up stranded people and bringing them home. I had a '53 Willys Jeep and you'd be surprised how many people we could squeeze into it. I've got many memories of the great times we had together, either just the two of us, or as couples.
Anyway, I figured I'd ask you guys and gals for a few extra prayers for his wife and family as they deal with his sudden passing.
Thank you.
Bill
Consider it done. Any friend of yours, is a friend of mine, and I'll keep his family in my prayers Bill. I'm glad you have memories like that to treasure a dear friend with.

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I'm sorry for your sudden loss.

We take life for granted.

It's the "sudden losses" that ripple through those lives of everyone they touched, to teach the lesson.

May you find peace in those cool times you both shared. Sounds like he was a pretty neat dude. God bless you and his circle of friends and family.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Sorry for your loss of an old friend. Never easy. Remember those good memories of him. Prayers and blessings for his family and friends.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The loss of a close friend is almost like losing a brother. My condolences to you, Bill, and I'll keep Mike's family in my prayers.

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Bill, you had told me about this when we ran into each other on Saturday, but we didn't really discuss it. He sounds like a great guy. My prayers and thoughts are with you and Mike's family.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Bill that's tough. Sounds like a great guy too. You have the time together, the memories and he still has a family you can be a part of. It's rough I know but hang in there.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
My thoughts and prayers are for Mike's family and you as well Bill. It is hard to lose someone close to you, be a friend or family. And to be so quick and young makes it a little harder. God be with you all.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would like to thank you all for your kind words, thoughts, and prayers, for myself, and for Mike and his family. It really does mean a lot and I very much appreciate it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts