Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that its really not summer yet. we even had to build a fire the last few nights because of the cold temps.
However, we are really enjoying our dog days here.

we raise pure german shepherd dogs.
well, we are at the starting point anyway.
a few years ago we purchased a female (Eva) and worked her into
being a fine guard dog/family pet.
Then I received a phone call about a year ago.......and we picked up our
male (Otto).

and after Otto finally figured out his 'special purpose', we now have a batch of purebred german shepherd puppies!

the five boys;

Eva and her gang;

Otto and one of the boys....(Otto is not to sure about all of this)

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Is that white pub a German Shepherd? Don't recall ever seeing a white one.

btw, that is a gorgeous picture of the Mommy!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Surprised you have the heart or the stomach to raise an animal Torino, good for you.

There are many things in life I enjoy.
we have lots of animals on my place.
Horses, Dogs, cats, and a whole list of wildlife.

One thing we do not have is pigeons....:tongue:
The Falcons and the Hawks take care of those........:devil:

And yes. That solid white puppy is a german shepherd.
many people are fighting over who will get to be his home.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Gorgeous dogs. Growing up, German Sheperds seemed to be all over the place. Now, I hardly see them at all. They're a beautiful change of pace from all the pit bulls around here.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
There are many things in life I enjoy.
we have lots of animals on my place.
Horses, Dogs, cats, and a whole list of wildlife.
What, like cougars?

We're hittin' 96 degrees down here. You got the dogs, but we got the heat.:wave:

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
And yes. That solid white puppy is a german shepherd.
many people are fighting over who will get to be his home.
Wow, I have never seen one before. How common/often do they happen? I can see why people would be fighting over him - a german shepherd all in white has to be a pretty awesome sight.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think white shepherds are rare. you certainly dont see many of them.
They also have a tendency to be larger when they hit maturity.
My daughter wants to keep the white pup really bad.
however my wife & I feel since this is Eva's first round of puppies,
and the fact that Otto is barely a year old now, The litters of puppies we will have in the next 3-5 years will probably produce some more white pups.

Besides, 3 large dogs are alot to feed.
Otto & Eva consume about 40 pounds of Kibble a week now.
and Eva isnt really a big doggie (80 pounds), but Otto................
Well Otto is a Large dog. almost twice the size of Eva;

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Nice doggies. I can understand the fuss over the white one. Should be a beautiful dog, sort of like a white wolf.
When I was a kid we had a female white German Shepherd named Sabrina. When she would have pups (Lobo, Shepherd/Wolf mix was ALWAYS the dad!) I would name them something with wolf or bear in it. She never had a white pup though.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Good lookin' pups!

On the subject of dogs looking unsure, I've got a shot of that. My dog's mom had another litter and couldn't feed them so I took them in until I could find homes for them. Here's my Bella and the last little brother to get a home looking very unsure of each other lol. He was wearing pink because it was a hand me down from his big sister haha. They did get to having some fun once they got a little more used to each other, but when the time came for him to get a permanent home, Bella wasn't in the least bit sad. She was very glad to be the only baby in the house again and is glad to keep it that way lol.

Here's the 5 of em together waiting for some lunch. They're half lab/half blue tick and were all boys but one. They're a little over a year old now, I miss them sometimes but I know they went to good homes and that their big sister is happier being an only child haha.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Great dogs, guys! I never had a pooch myself, but I feel there will most certainly be one in my future once I have my own place.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Beautiful Sheperds Torino! We've owned 12 Siberian Huskies over the past 28 years and three years ago got our first pure white ones. They are sisters, best friends, and the goofiest dogs we ever had!

Nikki...

and Bear...

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
those are beautiful Huskies!
years ago I owned a Red Siberian Husky.
the most overly protective dog that I have ever been around.

great photos everyone. thanks for posting them.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Our red one gave us two litters of pups, 5 in the first and 2 in the second. We kept 2 from the first litter and one from the second. The last one died just this year, she was 16. As long as they don't get loose ( you'll never catch them!) they're great dogs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts