Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
My ex-Father In Law used to sell Cadillacs in the early 80's. He has some wild stories about high pressure sales. Not sure if it's 100% true, but he mentioned hiding peoples keys, removing wires from the distributor cap and blatantly threatening people to buy cars. He's a pretty intimidating dude, so I kind of believe him.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah, getting me really angry at you is going to make me buy your car.

I personally like the car dealers that have the price on the car and that is what it sells for with very little pressure.

Although when I bought my last car they made me buy it after my first look at it because they said it was being shipped off to auction the next day. I bought it and paid with cash ($3000) and drove it home. On the way home I discovered a bad stalling problem that didn't show up in my test drive. I was able to fix it myself but in the process blew a hole in the exhaust system that I haven't bothered to fix.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I can see Mac Ragan now at the Learning Curve store. "Wyatt, you better buy at least 250 Johnny Lightnings or I will be forced to go grab my pool cue and show you the business end of it!"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts