Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To those who have enjoyed my stories and helped out with cars for my collection, thank you. It has meant a lot and helped to restore some faith in humanity. I didn't mean to seem uptight about the moving of my custom post. It's just that today has been a bad day beyond belief. On the other hand, the customs were sort of a theraputic attempt for me, having been an artist who lost his career due to a careless driver. Some of us could care less about brands if we put our hearts into a thing, others, unfortunately are fussy over this. For myself, I was never here to draw lines in the sand or set rules, just to enjoy my hobby with some other nice folks.

As some of you know, my collecting has been in spurts, and recently had to go back on hold due to financial constraints. Since I cannot add much to the board at this time that is not OT, I've decided to take a break and try to gain some perspective as to where life is going. Hopefully, I'll be back soon with better news. Meantime, prayers for financial stability by any who wish to offer them are appriciated.

Best,
Robert

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Hey Robert,
Just because times are difficult now doesn't mean you have to leave.
I for one enjoyed your stories. I haven't seen your customs as of yet but I haven't been to the customs board in a while.
Please don't leave because you feel you have nothing to input at this time.
Heck look at me, I haven't input too much but I am still visiting and every now and then adding a bit here and there.
Take Heart and Enjoy your hobby as you see fit.
I wish you the best in what ever you do.
I just hope you stick around.
Richard

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Dragnet_Supporter said:
Since I cannot add much to the board at this time that is not OT, I've decided to take a break and try to gain some perspective as to where life is going. Hopefully, I'll be back soon with better news. Meantime, prayers for financial stability by any who wish to offer them are appriciated.

Best,
Robert
Robert, good luck with your situation and we hope to have you back anytime. Some people have posted here like over 9,000 times with nothing to add :D , so don't feel like you really need to post something extremely interesting to be a part of the community. Having said that, I know as well as anyone, that a break sometimes is a good thing and necessary. Take care, Mike

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Robert, it's been a pleasure having you add so much to the mix here, and I ask that you drop in now and then to touch base with all of us. Many of us appreciate all the work you put in your short stories, and enjoy your other postings as well. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and hope the diecast "gods" look kindly on you through your ordeal.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Hope everything works out, Robert. You will be in my prayers and I hope to see ya back in the nieghborhood real soon :wave:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
robert. we have probbly never talked. but have seen your post. and hope you come back soon.
i once took a small break but it's hard to leave here and not look at the board.
there are so many good people here. and a lot that will listen to any problems.
and belive it or not we have had private dicussions in chat with others and it has helped.
so if ya feel down just give us a holler we will be there for you. and in our prayers.
hope to see you soon. later gunn

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Robert, I hope your able to get yourself back on track and return soon. During my brief break I was constantly looking in hoping to find your next chapter of Diecast City. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hey Robert.. Sorry to hear you need to step back.. But you must do what ever makes you better.. It seems that it is still possible to contribute to this forum with interesting , somewhat valuable and entertaining input regardless of the "O/T"
I must have missed the "RULE BOAT " for I don't even know what significance O/T has..?? anyone? Beuller?

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
Gonna miss your posts, but you gotta do what you feel you gotta do.

You can still lurk, and visit in on us with out us knowing. (...and see what we say about you when we think you are gone)!:p

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Steves164 said:
I must have missed the "RULE BOAT " for I don't even know what significance O/T has..?? anyone? Beuller?
O/T = off topic. It allows those who come only for JL information and discussion to avoid and not spend their time reading threads which are not JL related.

If O/T is used in the name of the thread then the thread is allowed to stay, if a member is unable to use it when necessary and the mods have to continually add the O/T for them, it will become easier just to delete the threads.

I hope this explains it for you

Thanks for helping

Rob

·
Registered
981 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
O/T = off topic. It allows those who come only for JL information and discussion to avoid and not spend their time reading threads which are not JL related.

Thanks Much Rob !! That seems easy enough..
I have seen some threads start out as JL content and a single reply can sprout legs that take the subject to a whole different platform... but that's bound to happen at times ..

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Robert,
Please know that we're your "cyber-family" here. If you step away, you will be missed. Whatever your decision, we will understand. But just because you might not be adding anything to your collection for the time being, you can certainly post about cars currently in your collection. I, for one, would like to see some pics of your BWF collection. Doesn't matter how many you have - us BWF nuts love to see pics of flaming cars! :thumbsup:
(I'm having some difficulty with my camera, that's why no pics from me)

You have to check in now and then for details on JJ'07 - ya gotta come! :thumbsup:

Hope to continue with the emails - keep in touch. :wave:
- Mark

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Robert,

Stay strong, and keep the faith. I understand a little break for fresh are. You know, sorta clear the cobwebs out. But know that you WILL be missed, and that we are here praying for you.

For me as well, my participation on this board has little to do with toy cars, but the people that I somehow feel connected to.

I look forward to you being back full time.

Ward

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Robert, I think we all feel like this at times.Just know that you will be missed and dont hesitate tojust stop in to look around. Prayers for you have been offered. :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thought I owed you people a better explaination. I guess Darkwiz said it best when he said he gave himself a voluntary ban. Aside from the financial difficulties, being out of work has taken me into some pretty unhealthy and very unproductive slumps. Talking with Mark in a couple of blabby emails made me realize I had to do something to try to pull myself out of my latest one. My diecast hobby was all I had really been doing since last October. Writing the Diecast City stories started as a way to push myself back into writing...something I not only love to do, but is a creative outlet since actual drawing isn't working for me with present limitations. I found myself stuck and unable to write anything or focus on anything that required concentration most of the time since my accident and with all life's worries weighing me down, and consequently, the Diecast City stories came to an abrupt halt...along with pretty much everything else...during my recent slump. Then I filled up my time with some collecting when I got a few dollars to spare earlier this year and my wife and I alloted a portion of a small insurance settlement to do something pleasurable for ourselves. After a couple of hunts, my allotment was quickly used up (wasn't much to begin with) and I was faced with bordon and life's difficulties to occupy my mind once more.

Then I tried the customs as a way of doing something creative, but I couldn't really aford to keep doing it, and it was as good an outlet as writing for me. So what I've decided to do was clear out my entire schedule (even time on the board, which can just be a real excuse for me to do nothing else) then try to get back to using my time more constructively and making a solid attempt at writing again.

I may drop in from time to time, but I am not going to make a habit of anything for a few weeks or so, then I'll add back some of the things I enjoy little by little, hopefully in more constructive proportions. Who knows, with any luck, maybe I'll have those final chapters of Diecast City ready to go by then.

Your prayers and positive thoughts are apprecited...and a good send off for me to get underway. You're good people.

Take care until I return,
Robert

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
BOOGIEVANMAN said:
Your good too bud, take care, don't be a stranger. I'll have no one to talk books with.
You guys talked books??? Whatta ya tryin' to do, raise the cultural level around here or somethin' ???????? :cool: :tongue: :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts