Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So let me start from the beginning...

Rock Hill has a local theater organization, the Rock Hill Community Theater, and every year for the past 3 years my homeschool has put on a show in cooperation with them. This year we're putting on David Copperfield, and were having shows this past weekend and next.

Our matinee today was abrubtly cancelled though. Early this morning, the Rock Hill Community Theater's playhouse burned down...

It's a total loss, all costumes and props, everything's gone. We will be trying to put on a show somehow next weekend though.

There was alot more than just us in this theater though. It's been the RHCT's theater for 12 years, and many people have poured their time, hearts, and effort into the building, only to have it go up in smoke within an hour this morning. More than a few people are upset, and my cast is left wondering what we'll do for next weekend's show. So, prayers would be appreciated. We're all just kinda taking it in right now...it was quite a shock.

Thanks for reading guys.
Robbie

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Sad, yes. Tragic? No lives were lost, let's count the blessings. Costumes and props can be replaced. In the great tradition of the theater: The show must go on !!!!

I'll keep you and your group in my prayers, Robbie.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Ouch, that had to be shocking news to find out. It sounds like you haven't given up with "the show must go on" attitude.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
:eek: Eeeeepppp!!! :eek: I'm so sorry to hear, and see this news. I hope that you and yours will get things back together. Best of luck to all of you! Also, if I may ask, do they know the cause of the fire?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They dont' know the cause yet, and as far as I know there aren't plans to rebuild. They're estimating that the building and its contents were a $1.3 million loss, so they're just not really sure what they're gonna do yet.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. A setback for sure; the resolve of your group will be put to the test. Hopefully, something better and stronger will result.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
So sorry for you loss. I do a lot of community threater playing in the Orchestras. Our local one is in a renovated Church as well. I hope you are able to rebuild.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Sorry to hear about it, Robbie. I've done some stage acting in the past (one treasured role was the lead in One flew over the cuckoo's nest)
So...I feel your pain. Hope the community pulls together to see you through.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, so this evening we found out that we'll be in pretty nicest theater in the entire county, excpet for the local university's perhaps, this weekend. One rehearsal in there before a show, it'll be a challenge, but the result will be worth it no doubt. Thanks again to those who've prayed/thought/even just read this thread!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts