Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this lot recently in conjunction with a hit on a Craigslist ad I placed. Anybody know anything about these? Is an equivalent to these crusty nasty little batteries currently made? I got two Sizzlers track sets as part of the deal, and I figured it might be fun to try them out...

thanks in advance...

--rick

·
Premium Member
3,424 Posts
There are a few sellers on eBay who sell batteries for them.
I have a small collection of Sizzlers and they're fun to break out once in awhile.
I take the batteries out between runs

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
Nice find. Always thought these cars were a little ahead of their time. Had a lot of fun running them on HW track back in the dawn of time. I got one old one that somehow survived in a big box of junk, and an old "Big O" set.

Bought a new "Juice Machine" and a car when they came back out a few years ago, at Target. Are they still available from Mattel new?

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
For your guys info, the "long" batteries used in the HW and JL Sizzlers cars(and others) are 1/2 AA bats. The short ones are 1/3 AA bats. You used to be able to buy them in NiCad or NI MH formulas. For a longer run time I would buy NI MH bats. Some of the later Sizzlers cars used caps to run the car for a short period of time. Good luck finding them, everyone now is producing Lithium bats in those sizes. They are expensive, in most cases they will cost you more than the car did. Have a good day! pig

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks all. haven't checked in for a few days... glad to get info on these...

--rick

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
I have a couple original cars and a newer set with a few extra new style cars.I`ll have to hit a Batteries Plus for some power!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Repops were also done 5 or 6 years ago. I bought a bunch at Traget, to include the juice machine and the carrying case. I think Mattel did it, tey have a real nastalgic look to them...

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i remember seeing the repops in Target. always wanted to pick some up but never got around to it...

--rick

·
Registered
877 Posts
Juice machines

How many Juice machines were there ? I have a gas pump shape one runs off Batteries no decalls.
& one that looks like a gas station 110 plug in decals not in good shape.
SJJ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts