Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didnt want to post anything until all the insurance details were sorted, but now that the other party has 100% accepted liabilty to their insurance company, I can post.

Wednesay morning, about 8am, Stef was on her way to school when a 16 year old 'punk' essentially ran a stop sign into the side of the Saturn. I know I am not that much older than him (24,) but I feel I can call him a punk based solely on his general attitude over the situation. I was just getting to work when Stef called, so I left right away and missed the first hour of my day.

On the bright side nobody was hurt hurt. Stef has been having some kinda rough back pain, but it seems to be getting a little better. She has been going to the doctor to make sure everything is OK. So far, she has missed 3 days of work because of it, but she will get reimbursed by the insurance co. for lost wages, and her managers are understanding about it.

The Saturn has about $3500 damage, and we will probably have the rental for about another week and a half. The damage doesnt look that bad, but the doors are pulled away from the roof about 1.5" and the B-pillar is pushed in 3-4 inches. The air bags didn't deploy, and no glass was broken. Gotta love life's little adventures.

Fianlly here are some pics of the car.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Biggest thing was that SHE was not seriously injured. After that its just one day at a time. Hope for the best, for both of you.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Glad to hear she's all right. Glad it wasnt the drivers side. Teenager's and driving dont mix. They need to be on a learners permit till they're 18 at least. (cause I remember what I drove like when I was 16)

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
aGlad she was ok, keep the Dr.s appt going so nothing turns up later. What was the punks attitude all about?

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the attitude thing is hard to explain in words...more of a general body language thing. When the crash happened, after the got stopped, he got out, looked at Stef and said rather smugly "Oops, my bad." (SHe told me about this as I wasnt there yet.)
When I got there the cop was just getting there and he was just leaning next to his car like nothing had happened. He was acting like he was king of the world until his dad started walking toward him (only about a block from his house.) After his dad got there it was a different story, he cowered down like a dog that knows it did wrong. Then as soon as his dad left, it was back to acting like nothing was wrong.

Never did he express concern if Stef was ok, or say he was sorry or anything.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Glad to hear she is OK. Man there are a lot of meatheads out there, though. I bought a new car in Sept. (Civic Coupe) Someone backed into me in a parking lot a month later. Luckily I was in the car and he did stop. Nice $800 damage to the rear Bumper, which he paid in full.
Like I say, I'm not worried about my driving, I'm worried about everyone else's!!!!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
suckerpunch83 said:
Glad to hear she is OK. Man there are a lot of meatheads out there, though. I bought a new car in Sept. (Civic Coupe) Someone backed into me in a parking lot a month later. Luckily I was in the car and he did stop. Nice $800 damage to the rear Bumper, which he paid in full.
Like I say, I'm not worried about my driving, I'm worried about everyone else's!!!!
Gotta love that. My 2004 Tiburon was 2 weeks and 4 hours old when I got rear ended. Only about $600 damage, but enough to aggravate.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Glad shes okay, any idea how fast he was going when he hit the car though? And any idea why the door cracked instead of caving in like other cars? I dont have any sort of clue about Saturn and the things they do, so I wanna know!

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
in2deep said:
Glad shes okay, any idea how fast he was going when he hit the car though? And any idea why the door cracked instead of caving in like other cars? I dont have any sort of clue about Saturn and the things they do, so I wanna know!
She was going 35-40, he was going bout 10. The door shattered cause Saturn has dent proof door panels. They are 100% plastic. Kinda nice that they wont dent, but any maor happening and the crack and shatter.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
I to am glad she is OK, make sure she stays with the doctor visits untill she is back 100%. As for the kid, at some point he will reap what he sows. The table will turn!

·
Atomic Punk
4,323 Posts
Glad Steph is OK. I just had an accident and I am hurting now!
Thanks to you Chris, my day was at least brightened a bit when I got home. (new thread to come - probably in the Jada room ;) )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts