Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Benny was one of the Great Ones. Rest In Peace Benny!

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Before I even opened this thread, I knew. I had kind of expected it, I guess.
I always enjoyed his commentaries and jokes.
Cue the duck!
Benny, you'll be sorely missed.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Benny was always one of my favorite announcers. Enjoyed him on the track too. Still remember his championship which he won with half a car! Rest in peace big guy..

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
WOW. :eek: I thought that I remembered him saying that it had gone into remission. See what happens when I don't keep up with NASCAR in the off season. I didn't even know that Bobby Hamilton past away either until I read that article. Rest in peace Benny and Bobby. Our prayers are with you and your families.

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Man, that is so sad. BP was such a likable guy. He really did root for the 'little guy' - the ones with no big sponsorships and ran teams by the seat of the pants.
Gonna really miss his presence on the broadcasts... :cry:

·
Registered
269 Posts
It was great to listen to Benny, he always brought great insight that only an experienced driver could give. His style in the booth was far superior than the usual talking heads.

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
I see where drag racer "Dandy Dick Landy" died on the 11th. Seems like a lot of the great ones are gone now. :(

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
montegogt said:
I see where drag racer "Dandy Dick Landy" died on the 11th. Seems like a lot of the great ones are gone now. :(
Wow, I didn't hear that. Just today I was making a sales call at a Dodge dealership, and was admiring their 1/18 Dick Landy Hemi Dart, thinking "didn't we lose him a while back? No wait, that was Ronnie Sox!"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts