Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, you didn't miss this one on your evening news, but a Russian submarine did in fact sink in Narragansett Bay this week.

The sub is a decommissioned Juliett class cold-war era sub that appeared in the movie "K-19, The Widowmaker" before becoming a floating museum that wound up here in Lil' Rhody. Unfortunately, during the big storm this Monday, the ol' girl proved less than sea worth and once again answered the timeless command to "Dive! Dive! Dive!" ....... in only 28 feet of Atlantic this time.

Before:

After:

If you visit the sub's web site, they state that the sub is "closed for maintenance". Yeah, either that or it's hard to charge admission when you need a scuba suit to get in :drunk: :p

Here's a link to the article:
http://www.projo.com/news/content/no_sub_04-19-07_L75AAKA.37a1d6f.html

and to the sub's website:
http://www.juliett484.org/juliett/index.html

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Well it is, or was a submersible!
Would you expect anything less?

Carnut, thanks for the latest breaking news flash.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Fill it with ping pong balls! Just ask Mythbusters.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I took my Cub Scouts to see it last fall. It really is a wonder the thing was floating then. It was in tough shape, but still a very cool thing to see, and the boys loved it. I guess it will be a while before I take the next group.

I'm only 5'8", and my feet would have hung off the bunk. :lol:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
carnut2256 said:
No, you didn't miss this one on your evening news, but a Russian submarine did in fact sink in Narragansett Bay this week.

The sub is a decommissioned Juliett class cold-war era sub that appeared in the movie "K-19, The Widowmaker" before becoming a floating museum that wound up here in Lil' Rhody. Unfortunately, during the big storm this Monday, the ol' girl proved less than sea worth and once again answered the timeless command to "Dive! Dive! Dive!" ....... in only 28 feet of Atlantic this time.

After:

If you visit the sub's web site, they state that the sub is "closed for maintenance". Yeah, either that or it's hard to charge admission when you need a scuba suit to get in :drunk: :p
Maybe they just wanted to give it a thorough cleaning inside and out ? :D

Scott

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Is finest Soviet technoligy commrade, nyet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts