Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
7,697 Posts
Aw man..... :cry: Bobby was one of the good ones. Just like the article says, "He was not pretentious". Shoot, I remember watching him driving the Country Time Olds Cutlass, the Kodak Chevy Lumina. Sad to see him go so young... :(

I hope BP is strong enough to win his battle with cancer - I love his color commentary during the races. A friend of mine used to work for one of the Cup teams and used to talk to Benny all the time - great guy!

· Registered
10,574 Posts
Booby was doing good around thanksgiving, He took a turn for the worse. He got the most intensive treatment possible on his cancer and maybe that his body just gave up. Benny Parsons has lost totally 1 lung form his cancer treatments so his body has to get used to functioning with 1 lung. BP has 2 blots clots,but he is currently cancer free,that is why he is currently in ICU. Bobby H. was a real gentleman as I have been around him at the track numerous times.

· Registered
972 Posts
Bobby will be missed. He was one up-standing, regular kind of guy. He would say what he thought, and admit when he was wrong, politics be damned. I got the impression he loved to race for the pure enjoyment of it, especially when he went to the Craftsman Truck Series. What a guy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.