1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Old School Dinosaur
2,130 Posts
Sad. Tough way to go.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Wow, very sad indeed. I had the opportunity to meet him in person while covering the races, he was a very nice guy. RIP Bobby. :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
RIP Bobby

RIP Bobby. He got red flagged and Benny has gone to the garage.
Sad day for sure. May God bless both of them. That cancer is bad .

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Aw man..... :cry: Bobby was one of the good ones. Just like the article says, "He was not pretentious". Shoot, I remember watching him driving the Country Time Olds Cutlass, the Kodak Chevy Lumina. Sad to see him go so young... :(

I hope BP is strong enough to win his battle with cancer - I love his color commentary during the races. A friend of mine used to work for one of the Cup teams and used to talk to Benny all the time - great guy!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
That's a shame. I knew he was fighting cancer, but I didn't realize it had gone that far. I saw the other day that Benny is in intensive care, but I hadn't seen any updates on Hamilton. He was a pretty young guy, too. :(

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
Booby was doing good around thanksgiving, He took a turn for the worse. He got the most intensive treatment possible on his cancer and maybe that his body just gave up. Benny Parsons has lost totally 1 lung form his cancer treatments so his body has to get used to functioning with 1 lung. BP has 2 blots clots,but he is currently cancer free,that is why he is currently in ICU. Bobby H. was a real gentleman as I have been around him at the track numerous times.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Bobby will be missed. He was one up-standing, regular kind of guy. He would say what he thought, and admit when he was wrong, politics be damned. I got the impression he loved to race for the pure enjoyment of it, especially when he went to the Craftsman Truck Series. What a guy...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts