Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) is alive and well and living in Reno, Nevada.

Tina Louise (Ginger Grant), born Tatiana Josivovna Chernova, is living in New York City. (A side note to you guys who have collections of back issues of PLAYBOY: She had pictorials in both the May 1958 and April 1959 issues! :hat:)

(All info courtesy of Wikipedia)

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Corvair Jim.....Mary Ann & Ginger are the two cars pictured....the Daytona Cobra & the 350z...both Hobbytalk editions by the way.

They were sent around the country to HobbyTalk members during the winter of 2005 and early spring of 2006. We all signed the cards as they visited us and I was (fortunate) for lack of a better word to get them twice.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of their whereabouts now...if they had been traded/sold/ROAK'd ??

:wave:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, they went to Bobby for his contributions to the Diecast World. I haven't heard anything else or seen anything posted.
Richard

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Well, I guess that just shows my ignorance of the matter. Frankly I couldn't really see the photo too well on the public computer I was using at lunch when I made that post. I could tell that it was a couple of Johnny Lightnings on the cards with another one in front, but I couldn't figure for the life of me what that could have to do with Gilligan's Island! In that I've only been on the site since last December, I hope I can get a pass on my faux pas...

(One more thing about the walkin', talkin' "Maryanne" and "Ginger": They are the only two cast members of Gilligan's Island still alive and kicking!")

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Markkaz and Jeff Koch with the girls. I was too busy with my double-double to get in the picture

Paying homage

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Markkaz and Jeff Koch with the girls. I was too busy with my double-double to get in the picture

Mystery solved. :thumbsup:

It looks like Jeff Koch is wearing a Beany cap copter (maybe a light in the background?).

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Haha it sure does.

When I first looked at the picture I thought of Beany and Cecil (even though I never watched an entire Beany and Cecil cartoon......honest I didn't). If that was an original Beany cap copter I'll bet it would bring BIG money on eBay.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Corvair Jim....

You're excused brother !!

That makes me wonder if we need to get another "diecast trip" going to get the newer members involved !!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Jim, I knew those names referred to cars, but darned if I ever knew which myself...another mystery solved. I thought of Gilligan's Island cast members and scratched my head the first time I heard of this myself.

My own HT cars are unsigned, and unnamed, but still hanging on my wall just the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts