Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in Walmart this morning on my way to work and they just put out a couple display boxes of (if I remember) "Reel Classics" cars. They are small (1:87), but the detail on them is fantastic. They are a series of cars that appeared in movies. They had the Plymouth that was in "Tommy Boy", "Smokey & the Bandit" Firebird, Tom Cruises' Porsche from "Top Gun", and a couple others. Price 2.22. Cool cars!

That blue Plymouth was sweet!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I haven't seen then 1/87 yet, but I've seen the 1/64 copies of the same cars. Frankly, I was a little disappointed. They seem larger than 1/64, and at over $3.00 a car, a little light on the details. I thought the Porsche was the nicest of the bunch. I will probably buy the 1/87s when I see them, since they'll look good on my railroad, but I'll skip the 1/64s.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Interesting, I just received an email from Reel Rides, and it looks like they are addressing the size issue.

"You asked for it and you got it. Some of our observant collectors noticed our 1:64 scale cars were slightly larger than normal. We appreciate the feedback and will convert all future releases to the REAL 1:64 scale.

If you have a comment or suggestion, we're happy to listen. Feel free to email us anytime."

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
jasydad said:
Stopped in Walmart this morning on my way to work and they just put out a couple display boxes of (if I remember) "Reel Classics" cars. They are small (1:87), but the detail on them is fantastic. They are a series of cars that appeared in movies. They had the Plymouth that was in "Tommy Boy", "Smokey & the Bandit" Firebird, Tom Cruises' Porsche from "Top Gun", and a couple others. Price 2.22. Cool cars!

these are "reel rides". what wally did you find them in? everyone that they had listed for PA is nowhere even close to me. :(

·
Registered
196 Posts
I found the Tommy Boy GTX and the D&C 70 GTO today in E. Hanover NJ WM. It was on the store list listed on another post. The GTO was in a S&theB package! Look like there should have been more but I olny got there at 12:15pm so the early birds probably got the others.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
jasydad said:

The Plymouth is nice but not totally acurate to the movie if I remember correctly. Didnt the the one in the movie have a white convertible top and blue interior? Not sure about the tires but I think they were red lines. Again its been a while since I saw the movie. I may be wrong. Please correct me if I am. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
i saw these in the store the other day.

By themselves, not that bad looking IMHO, but the size, they are HUGE, i got newray 1:43rd scale cars that are smaller than they are!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts