Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great candidates for JL. Over 17 feet of Ford for 1957, the Fairlane 500 Town Victoria. :) And for real sporty looking length how about the 1968 XL fastback. :thumbsup: That would make a great diecast :thumbsup: Now if only Mopar had produced it we would have many on our shelves right now :confused:

The real 57 belonged to my parents and instead of the extra weeks vacation they bought a boat :p

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tex said:
cool pic's i lov to see JL do a 68 XL & a 57 & a 64 & alot more
has JL done a 65 or 66 ford?

The only full sized Fords JL has done is what everyone else has done, the 1963 Galaxies 500 fastback, the 55 Crown Vic, 90s Crown Vic and the 61 Fairlane just so they could do police cars. The toy companies have NO imagination at all

Yatming did the 66 XL and Lesney made variations of the 65 4 door Galaxie as cop and fire chief cars.

OOps sorry I forgot the 1960 station wagon. This is an oddball and shows some creativeness.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
carnut2256 said:
Didn't Maisto just do a beautiful '64 under the Stylers series???

I don't know. There are some 63,64 and 65 Nascars in 1:64. RC did a 65 Galaxie also. Now HW has the 64 Galaxie with the big wheels and rubber band tires but 61, 62, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70 and all of the 50s are really neglected. Are Maisto 1:64? I was trying to focus just on that size. Sunstar does a 64 in 1:18 and is well done also.

Below are the 64 Nascar, the 65 RC Galaxies, the 65 Lesney 4 door cop, and the Yatming 71 station wagon with the Snoozer Cruiser trailer. The 67 Galaxie is a slot car. I also have a 62 Galaxie in a slot car but it looks like a toon car!!!

·
Registered
123 Posts

this is a 1967 ford fairlane, MARIO ANDRETTI #11 nascar by JOHNNY LIGHTNING..It wouldnt take much to turn this mold into a really nice stock version....I know I would buy it for sure..

GOD bless
wayne james :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
modelocar said:

this is a 1967 ford fairlane, MARIO ANDRETTI #11 nascar by JOHNNY LIGHTNING..It wouldnt take much to turn this mold into a really nice stock version....I know I would buy it for sure..

GOD bless
wayne james :thumbsup:
lov to see it :wave:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I repainted a few of the JL Nascar Fairlanes to represent street cars , however their current 67 Fairlane GT is much better ! They did only 1 version of a 66 Fairlane hdtp - A Holiday Chrome from about 3 years ago .. Wonder why no more have been done ?? The Maisto Stylers 1/64 Galaxies are a smidge larger than JL cars . I have the 3 colors of the '64 & took off the tacky orange stripes on the white car .. I also have 4 colors of the '60 Starliner ... 1 is the black chase car .

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
The blue/white 64 Maisto was a really nice looking car.
Another real big Ford casting that is nice is RC's Edsel from the John Force Series.

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
Galaxieman said:
The only full sized Fords JL has done is what everyone else has done, the 1963 Galaxies 500 fastback, the 55 Crown Vic, 90s Crown Vic and the 61 Fairlane just so they could do police cars. The toy companies have NO imagination at all

Man, they're just Fords. :devil: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts