Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If RC2 made diecast cars in 1/43 scale, would you buy them?

My collection is basicly 1/64 scale, but I love 1/43 scale cars.

RC2 makes really nice 1/24 scale cars that sell for $12.99 at TARGET and TRU in my area. I have about 18 of them, but don't have the room to display a large collection of them.

I think that RC2 could produce a quality 1/43 scale diecast car in the $8-$12 range and it would be a big hit.

What's your opinion on RC2 making 1/43 diecast cars? The previous 1/43 scale cars that JL made were not that impressive.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I don't have any 1/43, but I do like them.
IMO, it would be too much of a risk for RC2 to venture out too far in the 1/43 scale. Instead, they should put more focus elsewhere. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it would be great if RC2 would bring out a line in 1:43. I too don't have room for displaying anything bigger. All my 1:24 and 1:18 are just tucked away gathering dust.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I like 1/43 cars a lot, I have 70 or 80 of them now. However, maybe RC2 should concentrate on delivering the lines they have to market, before they worry about something new. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wishful thinking on my part about RC2 making 1/43 scale cars.

I agree with you about RC2 concentrating on delivering their products to the stores scrambler81.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
I would definitely buy them. !:43 re great because they aren't too large to display, but they are large enough to produce a well detailed casting.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I try to limit myself to one scale. Currently I am limited to storing most of my collection in totes. "If we ever get out of here" ha ha- "gonna give it all away" ha ha-

·
Premium Member
13,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
DaCustomizer said:
stutz post pics of the 1/24 RC2 cars!
My 1/24 scale cars are packed away. That's why I'd like to see RC2 make diecast cars in 1/43 scale (they are easier to display, and still show detail).

Here's a flea find from a short time ago.

A 1969 Ford Mustang MACH I.

A WL 1969 Nova SS.

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I'm not a big 1/43 lover. have a few, but they really aren't my cup of tea. JL, of course, did make some 1/43 cars. Any idea how popular they were?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I have a few of them, I really liked the 71 Mustang in both Mach 1 and Boss 429 schemes. I also have the Johnny Lightning Special and Tarantula, as well as a few others. I use the realistic castings like the Mustang on our Lionel layout. They were nice looking cars for the money, I think they retailed for about $7.00 a piece.

·
0 Posts
Reddwarf2 said:
I try to limit myself to one scale. Currently I am limited to storing most of my collection in totes.
Same here. Sticking to 1/64 allows me to have more,more,more!

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
carnut2256 said:
I'm not a big 1/43 lover. have a few, but they really aren't my cup of tea. JL, of course, did make some 1/43 cars. Any idea how popular they were?
I don't know how popular they were Rich, but I bought several of them. I thought they were O.K., but I wished they had been made a little better. In particular, I would have liked them more if they had had more realistic engines in their bays and different wheels under them. I think they were also a little overpriced. Just the same, they are nice to have in my collection.

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
I'm not going to say definately no because if I was to buy the 1/43 scale version
I'd expect them to put out the best with a Wow Factor. That Wow! factor would consist of greater detail, opening doors, trunks and hoods. It would really help the cause if they inserted a scale model person that was bendable and that could be put into different positions for display purposes. Hmmm... it sure would change things, maybe it would help if they put the production number on the Card also, you know- for the collector and to show how Limited it really is. Its Still alittle iffy, it would depend on the make and model.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
RacerJoe said:
That Wow! factor would consist of greater detail, opening doors, trunks and hoods.
I can agree with you on this point Joe, but I can also live without opening doors, etc., as long as the casting is made acurately and well.

·
Registered
971 Posts
I do like 1/43rd scale. If there was as much variety at an affordable price, it would be what I would collect. But you have Brooklin at the high end, Autoart and a myriad of other companies in the $30 to $60 range, and Matchbox at the low end. HW made some nice 1/43rds; 71 Roadrunner, 67 Shelby etc, but not enough of them. The HW NASCAR Select series were some of the nicest and most affordable (when on sale or closeout!) replicas you could find. If JL made 1/43rd, same detail as the 1/24th, at, say $8.99, I think you would have a winner. But, probably not enough people would buy them, just because of space limitations?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts