Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
O/T:RAOK from DadsCoronet...plus bonus pics for Batman fans

Yesterday, Mark said that something was coming my way in the mail. I no sooner got off the computer and checked my mailbox to find a package containing the following:

American Graffitti BWF Impala (Mark even de-tampoed the car, which I think made it look much nicer.)

Matchbox 1963 Cadilac Hearse (I was born in '63, which was a very nice year for cars :tongue: )

HW's Batmobile

Now I faced the problem of where to post these cars, since none were JL's. On the other hand, most of the fine folks I know on HT gongregate on the JL boards...including Mark/alias RAOK King, and all around generous guy. So in order to beg the indulgence of the monitor, I decided to include the following pick, which compares several past and present Batmobiles, including the latest JL Futura...

That pin, by the way, is circa 1966. And so is this next one...

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Didn't even know you collected Batmobiles. But, HW did such a nice job on the Barris Bat that I think it makes a great addition to anyone's diecast collection!
They aren't the easiest cars to find, but the more I find, the more I give away! (sorry "ePay" sellers, it's just the way I am).
Rich RAOK'd me with one of those '71 Impala BWFs. I was lucky to score a couple on the pegs. The 'American Graffiti' tampo comes off very easily and there is only one on the car.
I have been advised by the "non-existent" BWF committee that non-JL BWFs are perfectly acceptable to have in one's BWF collection so, display it proudly!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DadsCoronet said:
Didn't even know you collected Batmobiles. But, HW did such a nice job on the Barris Bat that I think it makes a great addition to anyone's diecast collection!
They aren't the easiest cars to find, but the more I find, the more I give away! (sorry "ePay" sellers, it's just the way I am).
Rich RAOK'd me with one of those '71 Impala BWFs. I was lucky to score a couple on the pegs. The 'American Graffiti' tampo comes off very easily and there is only one on the car.
I have been advised by the "non-existent" BWF committee that non-JL BWFs are perfectly acceptable to have in one's BWF collection so, display it proudly!
Yep, Batmobiles are high on my list, and although I don't have all of them, the 60's one has been on my list forever. And, yes, I am collecting most BWF's I see out here, nomatter the brand. I have several nice HW's in that catagory. I also like hearses, so this was quite a nice package on all counts. And it's arrival brought the best thing of all...cheer to a less than perfect day. Thank you, Mark :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dr.olds said:
Hey 1963 was a great year ,dr.olds was born in 63 too.(not the real dr.olds -but ...me)
As it happens, one of my first toy cars was a yellow stingray of that year. It's always been one of my favorite cars.

And yes, that Impala is a very cool car. I was just playing with it and studying those green flames. It looks like a car the Green Hornet might drive when the Black Beauty is in the shop. Hey, if the Hornet ever comes to Diecast City... :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts