Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the road today I passed a rollback with a '69 Olds on it. It looked like a sleeper with dog dishes and dual exhaust. It wasn't a 442, not a Cutlass. It had some badging on the top of the front quarter. It was lettering that looked something like "FortyFive" or "FiftyFive" or "Fire..(something) it was hard to see (pouring rain here today). The car looked sharp! Any ideas what model this was??

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
For one, Sure it was a 69?

Did it have hood scoops?

What color was it?

Off top of head, not sure of any Olds with a "Five" anywhere in the name, nor fire, or numbers spelt out for that matter.

They did have a StarFire, but that was back in early 60's...

Not sure what it could be

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
TheDarkCutlass said:
For one, Sure it was a 69? positive

Did it have hood scoops? couldn't really tell, being up on the flatbed

What color was it? about this shade of blue

Off top of head, not sure of any Olds with a "Five" anywhere in the name, nor fire, or numbers spelt out for that matter.

They did have a StarFire, but that was back in early 60's...

Not sure what it could be
Thanks! I was in traffic and I first passed the truck and then it passed me on the right, but with the rain....

·
Registered
967 Posts
Wasn't the base model of the Cutlass the F-85? I know it was a badged model up to about 1964 or 65, but don't recall an actual badge name after that. The only other 69 numbered models were 88 and 98.

Could it have been a custom badge?

Joe

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
F-85 was the precursor to the cutlass, by 69 the F-85 name plate had been phased out.

Withit being blue, i don't know of any special car it could have been (like a H/O or something)

Is it possible it could have said "Four Fifty Five" which is the engine the 442's had in them and a custom emblem put on it?

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Spoke with Mark on the phone a little while ago, and what he meant to say is that this was definitely an "A" body (Cutlass style) car, definitely a '69, a hardtop (not a "post" sedan), and had a script behind the front wheelwell that spelled out the name of the car, which he believes was a letter (F) with a number spelled out (ie; eighty five) rather than the numbers (ie;"85"). H'es not saying it read "F Eighty Five", he's saying it was something like that.

I have no idea what he's talking about, doesn't sound familiar to me at all. :drunk:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TheDarkCutlass said:
well, guess you learn somehting new every day...

Stolen from e_Pay, this emblem fits 1967-1969's

Chris! I bet that's it!! It sure looks like the emblem I saw on that car. There are a couple of garages down the road where that truck turned onto; I'm going to go back to that area to see if I can find it. But I think that is the emblem I saw. Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
788 Posts
wow, I guess you really DO learn something new every day. Can't say I've ever seen an emblem like that. Actually, at first I thought it was a photoshop based on the description.

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
I believe the F85 ran through the 1972 model year. It was the base model of the line.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts