Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a few of yall asked about the PIP truck, so I snapped some pics today. :)

It no longer looks like a PIP, threw a fresh coat of primer on there, two toned it a little too. No pics of the engine compartment yet, its in the process of getting cleaned up and painted.

As far as future plans go, the rear bumper on these trucks are ugly, so I'm gonna get a rear roll pan instead. I have a blazer (underbed) gas tank that I need to install, and power brakes and steering will come eventually. I'll probably do a rear end swap too, this one is just geared too low.

enjoy!

·
0 Posts
air_cooled65 said:

I'll probably do a rear end swap too, this one is just geared too low.
Very cool ride! :cool: Maybe JL could do a GMC version of the '65 Chevy pickup. :thumbsup:
(A narrower rear axle might help tuck those wheels in. The paint on the fender will thank you.) ;)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1A62 said:
Very cool ride! :cool: Maybe JL could do a GMC version of the '65 Chevy pickup. :thumbsup:
(A narrower rear axle might help tuck those wheels in. The paint on the fender will thank you.) ;)
I'd love for JL to do a GMC, but I doubt that will ever happen.
When I get a rear end for it, it will be out of a 60-72 chevy or gmc truck, the one in it now is a later model which were a little wider than the pre-72s, so that will solve that problem.

and thanks for the compliments guys. :)

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Now that is a labor of love, Andrew! Looks great so far. You are going to be one proud owner of a great-looking GMC pickup! :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts