Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nascar fans, racers, teams, etc. All praying for the Hendrick Family tonight. A family owned plane crashed in Virginia this afternoon on the way to the Martinsville race. Unofficial at this point however seems all ten aboard the plane have perished? Rick Hendricks son Ricky, Ricks brother John, John's twin daughters, One of Hendricks key engine builders, Two pilots, and perhaps others? I'm sure the media will give more details as they arrive.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I heard about this at the end of the race as a lot of us did. And I prayed (something I don't do often)I prayed it wasn't Ricky. I know its bad whoever was aboard but I had a connection with Ricky. I used to watch him race at south boston, and while he may not have been the champion that Rick Hendrick hoped for he sure was a nice guy. Always time for fans. I remember one time when some Winston cup guys did an expo race there, Ricky loaned his 007 car to Ernie Irvan to race. It was really cool seeing Ernie in a Hendrick car :)

The Hendick family has allready been through so much, I wish I could understand why some people have to deal with so much termoil while others get to fly through life never experiencing the pains and sorrows. It makes it really hard to believe in God. Although I did notice the first thing I did when I heard was pray.

Sorry for rambling, I'm just having a faithless moment. Please keep the Hendrick family in your prayers.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Pony said:
Sorry for rambling, I'm just having a faithless moment. Please keep the Hendrick family in your prayers.
Hello Pony,
Nothing to be sorry for, this is quite a sad tragedy (a family wiped out like this). That you would ask for prayers isn't being faithless at all, but rather just plain compasionate (and human). And there is nothing wrong with any of that.
Keep the faith.
-Peter

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hug your loved one for the hendrick family....

:cry:

Man its been a bad year for hendrick motorsports.

Goes to show ya... You never know when its your turn to go.

Live life to its fullest everyday.

:cry:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
it is devestating, omg! my prayers are with all of their families!!:cry: :cry:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts