Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little depressing that we can't find many stores selling Johnny Lightning diecast cars. I decided to assemble a plastic model car today, and I could no longer buy model cement anywhere on Long Island? Apparently the very little amount of toy stores and hobby shops no longer carry model cement? Even the Wal-Marts, Target, ToysRUs, etc. don't really have the proper cement for assembling plastic models! I'm sure if I keep looking, I will figure something?

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
I noticed the Wallsmarts in my area don't carry models or model paint any more.
A true sign of the times...sad...at this rate maybe one day there will be a model car building computer game.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Hobby Lobby, or Michael's.
There's always an odd drugstore or Hardware store that may have a few kits.
crazy glue works okay on styrene, but for windows, or clear plastic parts, its best to stick with good 'ol Elmer's. as superglues tend to haze the clear plastic.

I was prepared for this. and with high oil prices, it was bound
to occur. my car model stash is pretty extensive.

Oh, and just wait to you see the prices on the 1/24-1/25 scale models,
if you find them.
:drunk: Stickershock!:freak:

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did find some Testors model cement today at A.C. Moore arts and crafts! Less than 2 dollars, Time to finish my model!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Not sure if you have a HobbyTown USA where you live, we carry everything you need to do models.
Testor's thin cement works great, as does BSI superglue. I usually have both on the workbench when I'm putting something together, along with regular Testors model glue.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I was gonna suggest Michaels too. The one by me out in Suffolk has a pretty decent selection of models and model building supplies, paints, and glues etc.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
2 part epoxy? I have a whole closet full of unbuilt model cars to put together when I retire in 10 years. I'm wondering if there will still be model glue around let alone US according to the movie "2012".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts