·
Registered
5,554 Posts
RobDog said:
I think I'm gonna hurl.
Challenger blasphemy,I tell ya.
Sorry Chip,I think you screwed up a potentially really nice R/T :(
Aww come on Rob....
They didn't even customize it THAT much... ;)
(But I will admit the paint was kind of squirrley...)
Scott

·
Registered
309 Posts
I really liked the wheels. Could live without the stereo. I WANT POWER (Engine). Loved the green even though the starter color was nice. The graphics left a bit to be desired. Something just didn't match.

If someone took and redid one of my cars like that, (cough cough, Diablo, Hint Hint) I wouldn't complain. I think they need to do a Florida edition of the show. ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry, should of been clearer. I liked the "style". If they would of went with a 16", maybe 17" tops it would of been MUCH better. I think that's something the car was missing, actually too much wheels.

I shuddered at the instrument cluster too. Like the originial much better. The interior was decent. Nice details.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
That size rim looks terrible on 60's and 70's muscle cars.
Yeah, I kinda agree, they're OK. I like the low profile tires on exotic european sports cars, but those are just TOO low profile! They could but some more rubber on the wheels and still have the modern appeal, IMO. And then most of the time I think Chip's wheel designs are too complex....but maybe that's just me.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now, that fear factor dudes (Joe) 'Sick Fish' Cuda looked pretty sweet on "RIDES".
It contradicts my opinion of the Challenger because this too was butchered from it's stock form and did have oversized wheels (but I did like the rim style) but thankfully,Joe veto'd Chips funky 3 tone paint job for a solid silver.Let the car do the talkin,not the goofy paint schemes. :wave:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
LOL, I just cought the end of overhal, Was a sweet challenger, not something i would of done, but it was still nice, i like the original look myself, but if i gave someone my beater car and they turned it into something sweet and nice for free, ya cant complain.. But if i were paying for that, id be pissed, lol

now im in the middle of Rides, Cuda is going to be sweet, Now these are SHOWS I WILL Watch!!

I want to be on one of these Shows, Wish i had my Charger Still and can bring it to RIDES!!! so they can turn it in to something sweet.
maybe i can bring my 89 lebaron Conv to maser Flex.. :p

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
I tell you what ANYTHING FOOSE and Trapanier work on together - ugly or not - is worth cash - that is the end result. It could be pink with green flames iand it is worth cash.

A couple of the previous OVERHAULIN cars have shown on Ebay lately.

I just want a date with the overhaulin chickie!! VROOOM VROOOOOM!

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
midtown said:
I really hate dubs on muscle cars. Got the new issue of PHR and 80% of the cars are rollin on 22"s.
I don't mind dubs and dub+ on very customized versions of the larger 50's and 60's cars like Lincolns, big Chevys, etc, but I agree they look bad on real muscle cars.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cryin shame

midtown said:
I really hate dubs on muscle cars. Got the new issue of PHR and 80% of the cars are rollin on 22"s.
Last weeks abortion was a 71 Chevelle :freak:

oh well,when everyone is riding around in pimped out muscle cars,with 22 inch rims,we can always look back and reminisce what they were supposed to be while rolling our 1:64 JL's around in our hospice rooms.

we've already lost our poor Impalas,now they want to desecrate our beloved Musclecars.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
The only vehicles I can tolerate the DUB style rims on is the larger SUVs anything else they just look wrong. I could care less what the Tuners are running. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think some of the overhalin cars are pretty good, but i much prefered what horsepower tv did with their Real Ride makeover. thats how its supposed to be done.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Chip usually hits a home run, sometimes even a grand slam but this.....this was a foul ball. Not a strike out, but a foul ball. This was one of th better bodies he had to start with and the most potential. For the first time I gotta say, I prefer the car BEFORE he touched it. I guess like Mark B pointed out, it is a Fosse so I'd sell it and buy two nice stock Challenger's!I liked the idea of the retro rims and before he put 'em on the car I liked them even more but those super low profile tires gotta go.

Actually the past two cars I thought were weak. What was up with last week's Falcon? That paint scheme looked horrid. They forget to clear coat it or what? Sometimes too much is too much.

Now that guy that does the real looking flame paint jobs, esp the one on the black Ford? Now THAT was killer!

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I think this is a case of New School versus Old School. I'm not a fan of the wheels, but the paint is updated to 2000's style of paint. The whole car screams Tuner Challanger (could there be one). The interior is great, the paint is not bad, but the wheels don't work for me.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
MARKHOS said:
Now that guy that does the real looking flame paint jobs, esp the one on the black Ford? Now THAT was killer!
The black '34 Ford with flames is my super's husband's car. She is being told daily to DRIVE IT IN!!!!! and let us see it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts