Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Matty, Thanks for the heads up on the Q&A part. I just laughed my butt off! The seller is one of the coolest guys I have ever read. Nothing seemed to flap him!

Just think about it....26,000 hits, 40+ bids, from 40K to almost 200K in 7 days! Now that some auctioj traffic!

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
it`s cool he has a sense of humor also.Those Q & A`s are just awesome

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
I went through the Q&As as well. This guy is funny.
The flippant Q&A and preoccupation with female body parts made me wonder it this person was really serious about selling a high $$ car.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
GO-GTO said:
The flippant Q&A and preoccupation with female body parts made me wonder it this person was really serious about selling a high $$ car.
The seller wasn't the one making up the questions and he has no control over what questions are submitted. All he can do is respond to them and he chose to do it in a humorous way. That has nothing to do with the quality of the car or whether or not it was really for sale.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
PWSchuh said:
The seller wasn't the one making up the questions and he has no control over what questions are submitted. All he can do is respond to them and he chose to do it in a humorous way. That has nothing to do with the quality of the car or whether or not it was really for sale.
Not totally correct. I agree that he can't control what questions he receives, but he did have control over whether or not the Q&A contents were made public within the auction.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GO-GTO said:
Not totally correct. I agree that he can't control what questions he receives, but he did have control over whether or not the Q&A contents were made public within the auction.
I realize that, but when you have such a great sense of humor, why wouldn't you want to publish your responses? I can't imagine anyone thinking "He's making funny remarks in response to silly questions, therefore he must not really be selling that car."

If I had 200K burning a hole in my pocket I would not have hesitated to snap that thing up.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
robertwadehall said:
The owner probably should have tried selling at Barrett-Jackson or a similar live auction instead of<a href="http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1606754&mpre=http%3A//www.ebay.com"> eBay!</a>.
I wondered that as well, put a famous car in front of "THE" most qualified buyers in the world. But when asked that very question, he said he simply was not willing to risk the "no reserve" format of B/J.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts