41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,372 Posts
Galaxieman said:
The real Ocean City NJ 1966
Hey Jim, I've seen pics of this car somewhere before. :p

Nice pics, Thanks for sharing.

I noticed that all of the pics are pre-Pupster days. I'm guessing that the pics are pre-Roadie Days too.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Great old pics, Galaxieman! Looks like the owners of both 61 Fords preferrred the wheel covers from the 1960 models....Lots of neat old cars in these pictures. Boy, that 64 Chevelle convertible parked behind the 66 Galaxie is looking a little tired for a two year old car!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
The 61 convertible belonged to a friend and was a 390, 300 HP 3 on the tree. The hardtop was my Mom's car and the first car they ever bought new. My Dad was a used car mechanic at the Ford dealer in the other pictures. Those wheelcovers were aftermarket and were the rage in the late 50s early 60s and were called "cones". Of course they were on the blue car at my urging. You can also see them on the 53 Victoria that was my first car. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
Tryin to keep the 70's alive here on the Island . just havin a little fun....

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Great pics! I love old pics of buildings, etc. Can any of you post "Then & Now" pics of what those same areas/buildings look like today???

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Here's my 76 Elite in Hatboro PA circa 1976-77

and an old used Rolls in the late forties. Loney Street Rockledge PA.

a Dodge truck with my grandfather during WW I

and finally a 36 Dodge at Rhawn Street and Veree Roads in NE Philly in the
early forties. My parents lived in an apartment in that house when they were
first married. The building along with the ESSO station is long gone.

·
Administrator
26,984 Posts
Another walk down memory lane to the old home town with some cool old car images. (y)

I dont have any of where I grew up but here is one of the earliest I can find of our downtown square. The two buildings on the left and the statue are still there. And all the buildings on the right are still there. The one with the corner entrance in the middle is now replaced by a 10 story bank/office building.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts