Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought some of you would appreciate this.This is an old "Economy" hit- miss engine that my dad bought off a guy back in the early 70's.He use to get it out on occassion and run it.Well his best guess is the last time it ran was in 1980.A couple of weeks ago he asked if i want that "old engine".I took it home and began fiddling with it to see if i could get it running.It was getting spark but no fuel to the carb.The fuel suppy line was plugged solid with gummed up gas.After cleaning out the line and relubing everything i began to crank & crank on this thing till she finally popped.A little more cranking and she was up & running.This thing runs like a top.It needs to mounted to a cart to be able to move it around a little more easily as it weights a TON.In the spring i'll take it apart and give her a repaint.I get the biggest grin on my face watching this thing run.:)
http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b364/welder911/?action=view&current=100_2784.flv

·
Registered
452 Posts
Isn't that an old motor for a "panty washer?" Or should I say washing machine? A freind of mine used to collect those and they sell for crazy money for what it is. They are funny old motors. A lot of his had the foot pedal to start it with and a great big huge spark plug. Mechanical marvel of it's day. David

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
!!!

I suppose you could use it as a "panty washer".After a little research on the web i found this to be a 1926 Economy Model S engine.They used them to run all kinds of farm machinery to household appliances such as washing machines via a long leather belt/strap.Today i mounted it on an oak 4X4 and some steel caster wheels for much easier moving.:)

·
Slotcar Fanatic
13,013 Posts
I thought it was a first generation compressor for painting slotcars. :devil:
Neat little engine, great video! :thumbsup::thumbsup: rr

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I can hear it now:....put....ttt, put....ttt, put....ttt, put....ttt, put....I grew up around these things, dad still has a couple dozen or so. They remind me of Tjets, as long as you keep it oiled and don't let it overheat.....they will run forever!

-------------------------
www.SlotCarJohnnies.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts