·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know. the dashboard is way pricey. but if you search on the Crusader, some of the auctions end around 20-25 bucks if you don't need a mint one in the box...

--rick

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Topper memories...

I recall both of these toys. The Crusader very similar to (and predesessor to) the more popular Johnny Speed Car (the red Vette/Jag car). You steer with the controls around obstacles etc. And still in the box too.
The mini dashboard toy I remember also: the idea was that the child could actually mount this in the car and "drive along with dad".
These old Topper Toys are very neat indeed.
Years back I bought a couple or 3 of Toppers Johnny Toymakers sets (where you make your own 7" plastic cars with batteries etc). They had these two piece molds, you bake them and when the goop hardens, you remove the body, paint it and affix it to the chasis.
The problem was that the plastic "goop" had all but dried up and nobody made a suitable replacement. I tried using a powder pellet metal-like replacement, this did not work (these cars would have looked very cool cast in metal).
Too bad.
I have since shelved this project.
Wish I knew somebody that could cast metal with these molds (Hey Zeb, this could be right up your alley...)

Remember the TV jingle, pure Topper hype and style
--- "Johnny ToyMaker -you make 'em, you make 'em Johnny ToyMaker cars that work, Johnny ToyMaker with real working motors, nothing like you've seen ever before!" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Now there is a Superplastic Replacement for Topper Toys

There is now a superplastic replacement for the old topper superplastic toys. It is very much like the original. Check it out at www.dr-goop.com

modsquad said:
I recall both of these toys. The Crusader very similar to (and predesessor to) the more popular Johnny Speed Car (the red Vette/Jag car). You steer with the controls around obstacles etc. And still in the box too.
The mini dashboard toy I remember also: the idea was that the child could actually mount this in the car and "drive along with dad".
These old Topper Toys are very neat indeed.
Years back I bought a couple or 3 of Toppers Johnny Toymakers sets (where you make your own 7" plastic cars with batteries etc). They had these two piece molds, you bake them and when the goop hardens, you remove the body, paint it and affix it to the chasis.
The problem was that the plastic "goop" had all but dried up and nobody made a suitable replacement. I tried using a powder pellet metal-like replacement, this did not work (these cars would have looked very cool cast in metal).
Too bad.
I have since shelved this project.
Wish I knew somebody that could cast metal with these molds (Hey Zeb, this could be right up your alley...)

Remember the TV jingle, pure Topper hype and style
--- "Johnny ToyMaker -you make 'em, you make 'em Johnny ToyMaker cars that work, Johnny ToyMaker with real working motors, nothing like you've seen ever before!" :thumbsup:

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
I will not talk about Toppers

·
Vacation Needed
7,577 Posts
carnut2256 said:
Why not?? ;)

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey thanks! the "crusader car"! I was going NUTS trying to remember what that was called, and I couldn't find that post...

--rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts