Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tues. night, Sept.7, strolled into the local WM (sorry, don't mean to pick on them, coulda been any chain!), and there it was ........ a Christmas display!!!!!! Those silly animated lawn figures.

The day after Labor Day!

Geeeeeeeeesh!

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Hobby Lobby started putting out Christmas stuff almost 2 months ago.

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
I said it before, and I'll say it again, if the stores had room I bet they would stock Christmas stuff all year around, and it would sell.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
So, you think that's early eh?.....

When I worked at TRU last weekend, I was doing something on the sales floor and thought I heard "Frosty the Snowman" playing over the intercom. I realized that we were playing Christmas music before Labor Day!

I asked my boss why. He said that the tape machine had a problem and had eaten up all of the other tapes. I think I would have just had NO music, rather than Christmas tunes in September. I bet some of our customers probably thought it was a scheme to get them in the holiday shopping mood.

Actually, I've talked with several people over the last few weeks who were in fact stockpiling for Christmas, which is probably the wiser thing to do. If you wait until after October is over, forget it! The Ebay sellers will probably have the hottest stuff by then.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Old Canuk said:
Better in the Stores than what we woke up to this morning in Edmonton, Alberta Canada. Will be gone by weekend, but, who needs it?:confused:
I didn't know they had cameras out that take pictures of future events. :lol: Just joking, but I noticed the date in the corner of the picture says 9/14/04.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes very cold for this time of year and snow...mother nature is getting very cranky. I'm 20 minutes north east of old canuk and got the same stuff...oh well costco has their christmas stuff out....(fades out with a song...it's beginning to look alot like christmas, everywhere you go....) Hey Hank, we need some santa smilies faces added!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
rlyoung1 said:
It's hard to think about Christmas when it's in the upper 90s to 100+.:cool:
There's still a lot of summer left. I'll think about Christmas when December rolls in.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i love the snow. snow means time to kill deer!!!!!! hahahahahaha!!!! glad to see the pic. our retail chains have started to take down some halloween displays and go to christmas also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts