Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for any input in advance here, for I am stumped. As are my co-workers. I have an 89 Ford Ranger and it has an intermitten clutch slipage. Sometimes it will slip almost to the point I cant accelerate, othertimes I cant get it to slip no matter now hard I try. It has the hydraulic system, and as far as I can determine the cylinders are acting properly. I havent had it for too long, and I dont know if the previous owner rode the clutch causing some glazing, or ???? I'm going to put a clutch in it as soon as the weather turns nice (gotta do it outside.) It has 209,000mi on it and the last owner had it since it had 70,000 and he never put a clutch in it, so I am going to put one in when it is decent outside rather than letting it go out in the middle of next winter or something.

I am just confused as far as what can cause an intermitten clutch slipage. In all of my workings as a mechanic this is a first for me. Thanks for reading/replying!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.