Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of about 7:30 Tuesday evening (EDT), my wife and I became grandparents for the sixth time when our daughter Sarah gave birth to her third child, Charlotte Renee Strauss. Little "Charlie" weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs,10 oz, and 21" long. Mother, baby, daddy Tim, big sister Suzi and big brother Timmy are all doing well.

·
Registered
14,323 Posts
Congratulations to you and your family Jim. Does it feel like being a new Dad in your own right? I ask because I have a Daughter as well, but she's less than four. So hopefully it's a long time before I'm a Grand dad, like never! :lol:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys, for all the congratulations and comments. I'll relay them to Sarah.

Congratulations to you and your family Jim. Does it feel like being a new Dad in your own right? I ask because I have a Daughter as well, but she's less than four. So hopefully it's a long time before I'm a Grand dad, like never! :lol:
The time will go by faster than you can possibly believe! Here I am just short of 50 years old with six grandchildren, including one that's already a teenager!

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Congrats to all!
That young age of yours, and all those nice grandchildren, just grooming you and the wife for a great grandparent role sooner than you may think perhaps? Glad to hear everybody is doing well, Enjoy!

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats to all!
That young age of yours, and all those nice grandchildren, just grooming you and the wife for a great grandparent role sooner than you may think perhaps?
Don't say that! Don't even THINK that!!! I like to hope that the kids have learned something from the timing mistakes their parents and grandparents made before them. So many doors were closed to me because I had a family to support at 17. For instance, college and military service were both out of the question. So far it seems that our oldest two granddaughters (13 and 10)are headed in the right direction. While my wife and I were visiting them in Florida a few months ago, I had a 5-minute grandfatherly talk with the older one and she reassured me that she has every intention of waiting for marriage.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
What would you say that is - maybe 1:64 scale? Couldn't resist.

Seriously, congratulations. They say my newest granddaughter (14 months) has me wrapped around her finger. I suppose it's probably true. Just wait until yours does the same. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What would you say that is - maybe 1:64 scale? Couldn't resist.

Seriously, congratulations. They say my newest granddaughter (14 months) has me wrapped around her finger. I suppose it's probably true. Just wait until yours does the same. :thumbsup:
Sarah takes after me; she's a rather large woman (which she would be the first to admit). I guess that would make "Charlie" about 1:24 scale... And one look at that cute, chubby little face of hers and she had me wrapped right away!

·
Registered
893 Posts
congrats! we just welcomed a baby girl on 9/2. she was a smaller one compared to Charlotte at 7lbs 6oz. shes doing well and she has brought back a piece of her older sister to my heart who we lost in 2009. life is great rigt now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.