Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/02/14/mwaltrip.penalties/index.html

Cuz i dont like that toyota is in nascar, I thought this was funny.

I guess Toyotas slogan should change from, "Moving forward" to, "Its not cheating unless you get cought"

To me nascar has lost its spot as a true american sport.
Bring back the Buick's, Pontiac's and the Mercury's!

Also anyone else see that they want to put the drive in the center of the car?
What next getting rid of cars all together and haveing some space ship looking craft?

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
moparmarc said:
I guess Toyotas slogan should change from, "Moving forward" to, "Its not cheating unless you get cought"
Let's be fair. Bending the rules and trying to cheat without getting caught has always been a game in racing whether it be cars, bobsleds, or swimsuits.
I honestly believe that probably almost every good racer has purposefully cheated or found little loop holes to do things that would be considered technically not fair in their careers.
I personally have not cared for Nascar since the early 70's.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm not crazy about Toyota in NASCAR, but they are the biggest car maker in the world, and probably make more cars in the U.S. than anybody else, so it would seem kinda silly to exclude them from racing.
As for the C.O.T., or moving the driver to the middle - No, I'm absolutely not happy about that. I know they can never go back to running "real" cars, but even 5 or 10 years ago, the cars at least looked similar enough to their real world counterparts that you could tell one from the other. While Dale Jarrett has forced me to soften my "All Ford, All the time" stance, I'd still like to be able to tell the Fords from the Chevys.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I briefly read up on this when an installer came in yesterday to pick up some material told me about it.

Personally, *shrug*, its the name of the game... but don't blame Toyota for what Waltrip did. Thats like if DE Jr. was to cheat and/or do something that was "not right" to blame all of the chevy cars...

As Antencio stated, someone cheats somewhere in all sports, Steriods in physical sports, lead weights in bobsledding, beating your opponents up in ice skating... ok maybe not that last one, but you get the point, every sport has its cheaters, its just all about who got caught, and this time around it was Waltrip.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Lets see Dodge is owned by the German's so lets get rid of the too. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Maybe not for much longer. I read a few days ago that Daimler is thinking of dumping Chrysler.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts