Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my new baby,bought from the original owner .. 1978 Chevy Van...
50k miles on engine,thrush side pipes,original 8 track and am radio in it along with original Cb.... ONLY thing wrong with it is dent on back end panel( far back) which can be fixed and some small bubbling at bottom.. It needs new tires but has original rims....

Sure I know it needs work,major cleaning,but I'm happy....Enough room for the kids plus... Paid $1,000.-

R

·
0 Posts
OMG! Does it also have a waterbed in the back???? What a return vision from high school or soon thereafter!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naah,no waterbed,lol... but sweet..I have to get seats for the back,as it was empty,no biggie...
I was told that he also had one even nicer but sold it about a year before I moved in the neighborhood...
Man, the dash is even carpeted,lol...

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Wow! I that a Throw Back or what?
I didnt think any of those survived, I havent seen one in years!
Submit some pics to JL, maybe a future Classic Gold contender here!
Cool Van!

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
:thumbsup: - Wow! :D Hey it works - thats the main thing anyway and like you said, big enough to haul the kids! Gotta love that bubble window, nice art work to :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
OMG.....The REAL BOOGIE VAN is on the road........I can just hear the music now " Boogie Nights.....Boogie Nights......." as it cruises down the street !

Enjoy the new ride :cool:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
OK... BFK when do I send the "Don't come knockin' when this van is rockin' " bumper sticker? :p Congrats on your new baby!!! :thumbsup:

---Matty (mattywhelz)

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeh,now that I can actually play them ,I probably won't be able to find any :lol:
I seriously was going to have it repainted black with flames if the dent would have went near the detailed "paint" but it's right below it,so I'll get away with keeping it....

It's gonna take a lot of cleaning on the side pipes and rims but I think it will be worth it...... altho the day the funky paint becomes scratched too bad or damaged too far it's going into the shop... :p

Ya should hear that thing rumble... Sweet

·
Registered
47 Posts
BFK said:
I seriously was going to have it repainted black with flames
Would love to see in in black with flames, but looks cool as is, love the window, and yeah, brings back some memories but being a good Catholic Girl I don't remember what it is I remember :devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts