Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

She died in my arms Wednesday morning at 2:30. Not a good photo but the only one I have. Not sure of her age but my buddy said I had her when he got married and that was twenty years ago. For almost as long as I have lived here she was the only family I had with me. I still feel so empty. To all pet owners, show them your love everyday because you never know what tomorrow will bring.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Bob, I also am so sorry to hear of your loss. I will remember you in my prayers, I know how hard it is to loose a loving pet.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Your in our prayers ol buddy and know what your going through. The guys are right, you did loose one of your family, four legs and a tail (fins, feathers or scales for that matter) it dont matter. still part of the family.

·
Registered
652 Posts
That had to be a huge loss. I am saddened to hear the tragic news. I too had a feline that passed & he was a great cat & friend. I hope that time will help heal the deep wound that you have endured.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your kitty Bob. Mine has been like my second child for 5 years. She knows the sound of my car and is always waiting at the front door for me to come home... they are family.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I myself lost two cats this past year Kelley who was 16 or 17 at the end of May and Squeakie who was 13 I lost him in Aug. All that is left is Houdini who was Squeakies brother. They were born minutes apart on the day flt. 800 crashed off the coast of Long Island.

·
Registered
289 Posts
... ALL life 'lives' ever onward ...

Please be at peace, Bob.
Grieve, breathe, and be gently healed.

You have many genuine friends ... good friends
who care, who empathize, who sincerely support you.

Read all their wonderful condolences, offered here with compassion.
Think and feel all the compassion you and Missie have joyfully shared.

In Pure Truth, she's not completely 'left' you ... and never could. In the
infinite dimensions of Spirit, Missie is an intimate part of your inner being.

Bob remember, life doesn't simply end when the physical body finally recycles.
It transforms, regenerates, journeys forth ... she's merely 'gone home' to Spirit.

Everything she ever was ... as Missie, your adorable cat and friend ... still lives on.
In Pure Divine Love ... within your every breath and heartbeat ... always part of YOU.

Your honor and memorial to her is special ... that memorial is YOU ... how you cherish
her memory, how you speak of your fun times together, how you shared this with us.

Missie's purr, her meow, as well as all of her reactions to your voice and touch,
will always be there to comfort you. All within YOUR 'living-memories'.

Another set of memories, now lovingly placed in your care,
are all those of how wonderfully YOU have cared for her.

In time, when you're ready, your extended 'Family
Of The Universe' will bring you a new pet to love.

So once again, grieve then breathe my friend.
And soon, you'll smile again ... knowing :

the river she sails
flows from dark to light

if Missie seems to sail far
or too distant for your sight

it doesn't mean her journey ends
it simply means ... the river bends

:eek: ;)

·
Registered
804 Posts
In 1986 whilst in the Army I received a letter from home and in it mum said that our cat had been run over and killed. It really shocked me.

I loved that bloody cat. It was never the same without him. :(

My condolences on your loss.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I can't tell you how sorry I am and i know too well...
When I had to put my Sheba to sleep a few years ago, I cried for a month (still get teary-eyed when I think about her). She was my adorable tabby and I spoiled her rotten!

Your pets ARE family and they love unconditionally.

·
Robot Elder
507 Posts
Bob...
I have had many pets dogs and cats both.. All were great companions.. and I miss them each and everyone..

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Author unknown...

CJ

1 - 20 of 25 Posts