Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home from the hospital in 1943 in Dad's 1935 5-window coupe :p Rextoys is the only diecast manufacturer to do the 35 in a variety of body styles, colors and makeups. Army, ambulance, cops etc. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Mine was in a 1981 Datsun 200sx. My dad got into an accident in it while taking my mom to the hospital. It was only a fender bender. That will teach him to run a red light in Manhatten!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Coming home from the hospital in a 65 Corvette 396 4spd convertible! That's where I get it from, once I heard those sidepipes it was all over! Wish Dad had kept that car....

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Galaxieman said:
I came home from the hospital in 1943 in Dad's 1935 5-window coupe :p Rextoys is the only diecast manufacturer to do the 35 in a variety of body styles, colors and makeups. Army, ambulance, cops etc. :rolleyes:

Getting to my roots as a picture taker I couldn't resist posting pics of Dad's 35 coupe and me a few years later checking out the performance of the Ford :p Lousy pic of a badly aged snapshot but you get the idea!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Me and my brother are helping my dad get his '36 Ford back into street running shape. Its the 4-door (suicide) version of the one shown here. It used to belong to my great grandfather and hopefully before the summer is out we'll have it cruising around town with its all original 80hp flathead. After 40 years of having this car sit in the driveway, or garage of wherever we lived it will be nice to finally see it drive.

Same as this, but not a taxi.

Cool photo's, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
jlightning said:
Me and my brother are helping my dad get his '36 Ford back into street running shape. Its the 4-door (suicide) version of the one shown here. It used to belong to my great grandfather and hopefully before the summer is out we'll have it cruising around town with its all original 80hp flathead. After 40 years of having this car sit in the driveway, or garage of wherever we lived it will be nice to finally see it drive.

Same as this, but not a taxi.

Cool photo's, thanks for sharing.
Now that's a great story. Be sure to send pictures when you get it running!

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
with talking with my mom, turns out... she can't remember

she thinks it was in an isuza i-mark

My brother on the other hand she believes was in an unknown year catalina, or a 68 charger.

My dad has had LOTS and LOTS of cars (and lots more) (and not in a good way either)

·
Registered
981 Posts
I was brought home in a 1950 Nash Ambassador.. I was the 4th kid and there was another one after me ..before Dad bought a slightly larger 1954 Nash.....

·
Registered
972 Posts
My Mother cannot remember for sure but she thinks it was either the 49 Cadillac or 53 Mercury Monterey coupe, because my Dad had both at the same time. This was in December 1958 and he used one as a work car and the other just for pleasure drives. I don't remember the Caddy but we had that Mercury until I was about 5 years old so I do remember it. It was sea green with a dark green top and I remember the dash had togggle switches like an airplane.....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Let's see...it was a very bad snow storm and I believe it was a 1967 or 1968 Mercury Montego...red, 2 door hardtop. Apparently it rusted to pieces a few years later.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I came home in a 1954 Mercury Montery w/ a continental kit.
First car I ever drove was a '66 Mustang
First car owned was a '74 Gremlin ($3200. brand new)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts