Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,829 Posts
Second generation would technically be the 74-78 Mustangs but other than that little anal swipe I love these pictures of ads. Do you have any of the 69 ones with the Torinos and Mustangs?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Great stuff! That blue GT500 is my dream car. Kind of curious about the options text in the first ad. I wasn't aware that Mustangs were available with the SwingAway steering columns. Thought those were only available on the T-Bird. Anybody ever seen a Mustang so equipped???? :dude:

Actually I guess it says "tilt away". I'm guessing this refers to a normal tilt wheel. :wave:

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
SkipperC said:
Great stuff! That blue GT500 is my dream car. Kind of curious about the options text in the first ad. I wasn't aware that Mustangs were available with the SwingAway steering columns. Thought those were only available on the T-Bird. Anybody ever seen a Mustang so equipped???? :dude:

Actually I guess it says "tilt away". I'm guessing this refers to a normal tilt wheel. :wave:
Hi Chris and All,

Actually "Tilt Away" does mean the same as "Swing Away". I have seen a few '67 Mustangs over the years with this feature. I don't know if it was available in '68 Mustangs or not. I'd have to go get my original '68 Mustang brochure to verify :tongue:

Thanks for posting all the Mustang ads Galaxieman ! I have quite a few of the ads in my collection as well. Maybe I can scan some unusual ones in this weekend and post them. I'll work on it.

Take care all and have a great weekend !

Scott

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SkipperC said:

Not sure about Mustangs but the Galaxies had the same swing away as the Tbird so I'm guessing the Mustang did too.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Atencio said:
Second generation would technically be the 74-78 Mustangs but other than that little anal swipe I love these pictures of ads. Do you have any of the 69 ones with the Torinos and Mustangs?

I know but I tend to classify the 67s as the start of a new generation because they tended to look more substantial than the 65-66s.

·
7,829 Posts
SkipperC said:
I had a 69 Cobra Jet Mustang with a swingaway steering column with the steering wheel column turning towards the driver door unlike tiltaway which I always assumed to mean a column that went upward. In truth both names probably mean and could apply to the same thing

·
Registered
981 Posts
Galaxieman said:
I know but I tend to classify the 67s as the start of a new generation because they tended to look more substantial than the 65-66s.
Same here. I had a 67 Mustang GTA fastback as my first car . Looked the same as a GT , but with an automatic.. It looked slightly longer than the 65-66 until they were parked next to each other.. Swapped it even-up with my brother for a 67 Tempest 2dr hdtp with a 2 speed Auto.. Stupid !

·
Registered
896 Posts
Galaxieman said:

Right..same here... I would consider the Mustang II to be the 5th generation, grouping '64 1/2-66, '67/68, '69/70, and '71-73 as separate generations, since the styling changed so much and the cars grew in size between each grouping, though the dirty bits largely stayed the same..

·
7,829 Posts
Even though the cars got bigger it was really just a matter of Ford adding on more layering to the same basic platform.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
tex said:
lov the mustang ad's, do you have some galaxies ad's?

Yes but mostly for the 1966 that I own but I do ahve a few others. The Mustangs are on a disk I bought and easy to download. The Galaxies and others are the actual ads and I do not have a scanner but could take pictures and load that way if anyone is interested. Lincolns, Tbirds, 53 Victorias etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts