Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I need some help, I've got a buddy who likes oldies. Me I prefer heavy metal. He thinks all metal bands are trash, so I've been collecting some songs to make a CD for him. A CD of oldie songs redone by metal bands. Just want to show him there is a common ground. Heres what I have so far:

Pearl Jam - Last Kiss
Judas Priest - Johnny B. Good
Twisted Sister - Leader of the Pack
Dee Snider - The Wanderer

Anyone think of any others? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Does he like Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Metallica did a version of "Tuesday's Gone".

Shinedown(new band, I dunno if they'd be considered metal) redid Skynyrd's "Simple Man". (and it's pretty good, their singer has a great voice, I think)

Have any metal bands done any Zeppelin songs? That I'd like to hear!

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Black Sabbath - live version of Blue Suede Shoes, Exodus - Low Rider, TOOL - No Quarter, VOIVOD - theme to Batman, Destruction - In The Mood, Agent Orange - Secret Agent Man - Shaking All Over.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Kiss - Then She Kissed Me
Van Halen - Dancing in the Streets
Van Halen - Pretty Woman
Guns N Roses - Since I Don't Have You
Guns N Roses - Live And Let Die
WASP - Somebody to Love
Dokken - From the Beginning
Type O Negative - Day Tripper
Lillian Axe - No Matter What
Mr Big - 30 Days in the Hole
Rush - Summertime Blues

Have any metal bands done any Zeppelin songs? That I'd like to hear!
Zakk Wylde does a killer version of Goin to California

·
Registered
181 Posts
It's on a Zep tribute album called Stairway to Heaven (original!) but it rocks, Zakk plays on and sings a couple songs, also has Jeff Pilson, Sebastian Bach, Slash, Vivian Cambell and some other familiar names. Zakk rocks Good Times Bad Times too.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Rush's new album is nothing but covers of old 60s tunes.

Garage Inc. by Metallica & the Spagetti Incident by GNR are nothing but cover tunes. ZZ Top likes to re do Elvis tunes (Teddy Bear, Viva Las Vegas & Jail House Rock)

There are many trubute albums for many different artists, out there including Enconium (Led Zeppelin).
There is "Walking in the Sand", "I'm Down" & "Come together" by Aerosmith.

I have been a music collector since the early 70s. I could probably come up with some more, but I gotta get ready for work. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts