Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much deliberation, we have decided to pack it up and leave the Nutmeg State behind. 18 years+ in the insurance business has got me beat. I will be moving to Georgia later this spring (probably June) to become the general manager for my dad's store, with the intent being taking over in a year or so. For those of you who haven't heard, it's one of the biggest - if not the biggest - HobbyTown USA stores in America - 30,000 square feet of hobby merchandise. Not a great diecast selection, but that will change.

Hopefully this will eventually lead to a set up similar to Russ over at Milezone where we can piggy back a real store with an estore. I would expect we would become a sponsor here on the board and hopefully help participate in the various activities.

A big move, but sometimes you just have to say, "what the (insert your own word here) and go for it", to quote Risky Business.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
best of luck with the move!! Sounds like a great deal!!! I really love Hobbytown USA for my plastic kits, I always find something to buy when I get a chance to go to one.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
the ones near me don`t have great selections and no JL`s. Maybe that will soon change.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Good luck on your career change.
Things usually work out for the best.
30,000 square feet is a big retail store in the hobby business.
Keep smiling.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
The Hobby Town USA by me just got in a shipment of all the latest releases of JL's, nice selection. I bought some cars I liked and also found two white lightnings. :thumbsup:

As for moving, you have to do what makes you happy. :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
where at in georgia are you moveing to , I would love to visit when you get there.
I live just across the state line in tennessee close enough to travel. most anywhere in georgia.
GOD bless
wayne james

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
good luck, you'll like it better down here. :thumbsup:

What part of GA? might have to make an appearance someday.

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
Bring it on! We'll leave the light on for you!

Good luck with the move and the new venture!

Depending on where your dad's store is, Chattanooga is just a hop, skip and jump away!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Best of luck in your new venture. Looking forward to seeing the sponsorship and having another OLD with a feel for the hobby :thumbsup: :wave:

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
good luck in your venture. maybe you can get them to do something about the prices? :) if anyone complains about walmart's prices for johnnies, that is because you haven't bought them at a hobbytown. i stopped there one day in the hopes of finding the new releases. they had a bunch of the last old releases on the old cards. i believe most were marked at $5.19 to $5.99 :freak: i can only imagine what they are charging for the new ones. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Pewter02WS6 said:
good luck in your venture. maybe you can get them to do something about the prices? :) if anyone complains about walmart's prices for johnnies, that is because you haven't bought them at a hobbytown. i stopped there one day in the hopes of finding the new releases. they had a bunch of the last old releases on the old cards. i believe most were marked at $5.19 to $5.99 :freak: i can only imagine what they are charging for the new ones. :rolleyes:
I paid $4.98 for the new 2007 releases by me, and $5.99 for the licensed series.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts