Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Carlisle Collector Car Flea Market today and saw this beautiful red '66 Impala.

I couldn't believe the asking price...

...till I looked around the side and saw... THIS...

I cannot begin to tell you how bad the damage is. The trunk floor had a huge wave/wrinkle/crease in it up against the inside of the quarter panel on the DRIVER'S side. Interior was spotless. If you had a solid '66 body and frame to start with, you could easily get the asking price worth of parts off this one to put on your good one...

--rick

·
BANNED
8,111 Posts
I like the sign on the door glass ....
" 50 cents to look, ... $1 pics, .... $2 for story "
LOL

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i thought it was cool that someone was able to have a sense of humor about it... even better, he wrote in Sharpie on the C-pillar: "Minor damage, will buff right out" with an arrow pointing down. Wonder if I can blow that up in the original pic...

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, here it is. I misquoted it. It looks like it says, "SLIGHT DAMAGE. JUST NEEDS BUFFED OUT."

love it...

--rick

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I saw that one too. in like red or magenta or something, interior and roof all toasted? By the time I got there it had a SOLD sign on it...

--rick

·
Model Murdering
7,331 Posts
Whoopsie!

Nuthen' a week on the frame rack wouldnt fix...

...lil tug here ....lil tug there

coupla grand in parts coupla grand in paint.

·
Premium Member
5,688 Posts
That hurts. I love the 66 body. May be the best one ever. I had a 66 BelAir with a 283 and AC. I miss that car.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The '66's are nice! Growing up, a friend's older brother had an SS427. :)
Another guy in the neighborhood had a triple black '68 SS427, but was quickly
stolen. It was early in the model year so he purchased an identical replacement car which unfortunately led to the same result. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts