Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
Just found these at a local WM, picked up a really neat red '69 Camaro SS convertible. Man, is it tiny!

They also had a Gull Wing Mercedes and a vintage Porsche Speedster. Didn't see any musclecars other than the Camaro.

·
Registered
971 Posts
One of our WMs has them, or whats left of them. There is a sweet Porsche Cayenne SUV and a new T-bird. Both very nice for the size and price. WM also has some in 1/72nd scale that are great too. BMW 5 and 3 series,Lexus, Jaguar S & X type, 350Z, new Mini. These are only $1.67!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
i just picked up 10 of these cars there great i for one could start collecting these. there very well done and for $1.67 ya cant go wrong :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
You better hope that they don't make an Austin Mini in 1/87 scale.
If they did, you would probably need a pair of tweezers to pick it up.
I saw some of the Model Power casting in a hobby shop while on vacation
in May. I didn't buy any. They were really expensive.
It may have been do to the fact that they were 1/87 and a lot of product
in the store was geared to model train enthusiasts.

The 1/72 scale castings at Walmart may be Yat Ming Road Signature.
They showed up in Canada this past winter.
But there wasn't much to pick from. One or two boxes total.
And very few people seem to be buying them.
Put HW on them and they would be gone in a flash.

Cheers. Cobra

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
after real close inspection of the 1:87 cars with my new jewlers magnifier head strap with lights. the detail on the cars are great and the head lights on the cars are clear plastic a very nice touch right down to the emblems on the car.
ps if anyone is trying to customize the vw bus push on the lic plate to remove the body

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
rob ill send you a fest 06 pic of a custom im doing i think you might like. for your eyes only.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I still haven't seen these show up yet. Listening to you guys talk about how great these are...I might need to pick up a few of these. These sell for $1.60 at Walmart and Epay wants $5.99 for a starting bid. Crazy! I can wait.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I just found about a half of a dozen on a run to the WM in Mattoon yesterday. found the Camaro, Cobra, VW, and Gullwing in 1/87 scale. They must have just put out the yatming 1/72 scale cars too as they were not missing any of those. Picked up a Porche and several others as well. I would have to say that i am quite impresssed.

Zach

21 - 32 of 32 Posts