Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
O/t Lxg

Rented the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen tonight. Terrible movie but a cool car. I hope someone makes one in diecast.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
superduty455 said:
I had planned on renting this. Is it really that bad? Or better yet, save my rental money on some other choice?
Thanks PW
Chris
It's OK to rent, if for no other reason than to see the car. The story is ok, but very hard to follow, due to the editing and very unrealistic, even for a fantasy film. Normally during a fantasy or science fiction film you can suspend your disbelief if the director has done a good job of making the film plausable. This director did not even try.

The car is a made-up fantasy vehicle called the Nemomobile, since it is owned by Captain Nemo and kept aboard his submarine (The Nautilus).

It very much reminds me of the FAB1 Rolls Royce in Thunderbirds since it is a derivative of a large luxury car and it has six wheels: 4 in front, 2 in back. Has a cool sounding motor, like a v-8 with a very healthy cam, although to look at the length of the hood, you'd think the car has a straight 12. or even a 16.

What's stupid is the movie takes place in 1899, when the only cars were very crude horseless carriages. Supposedly Nemo has access to advanced technology, but that does not explain how the American Secret Service agent, who likely has never seen a car in his life, can jump right in and drive it like an expert.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the movie is not the best I've seen and the story is quite far-fetched.
I guess this beautyful car won't be released as a diecast. But you could try to make your own one :cool: . I thought about taking a suitable 1:32/1:64 car, saw it through where the nemomobile has 4 wheels, enlarge this area and add 2 more wheels. I hope you understand what I mean :) . The Art Deco ornaments can then be sculpted onto the car. Not easy, but possible, I think.
Has somebody an idea about an existing car to use for??

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
rent it, don't buy it....that way you won't be too pi$$ed after it's over....90 minutes of worthless character development that goes nowhere and a puny ending....

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Asteriks said:
Yes, the movie is not the best I've seen and the story is quite far-fetched.
I guess this beautyful car won't be released as a diecast. But you could try to make your own one :cool: . I thought about taking a suitable 1:32/1:64 car, saw it through where the nemomobile has 4 wheels, enlarge this area and add 2 more wheels. I hope you understand what I mean :) . The Art Deco ornaments can then be sculpted onto the car. Not easy, but possible, I think.
Has somebody an idea about an existing car to use for??
Holy Thread Resurrection, Batman!

Asteriks, welcome to the BB. Obviously you were doing web searches on LXG and came up with this thread. I'm not really a customizer, so I'll just keep hoping that some manufacturer realizes how cool this car is and makes it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts