Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can find a catalog/list of the releases in the Racing Champions Mint Edition series? I skipped these when they came out because I was exclusively a Brand X collector at the time. Found a couple on vacation last week and they rekindled an interest in tracking them down.

Any info on this series -- or where I can find info (another BB maybe?) would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I know two private collectors who are looking to move out their stock of RC Mint. Contact me off-line and I'll give you details...

jk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff Koch said:
I know two private collectors who are looking to move out their stock of RC Mint. Contact me off-line and I'll give you details...
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the heads-up. How do I get in touch with you? Just tried email through the board and it bounced...

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
There were 250 cars made in that series from 1996 - 1999 . There were also sub sets too from Target , J C Penny , etc & a couple 5 car box sets . Also from these tools were made Police & Fire sets , Stock Rods & Hot Rod Magazine cars . Also a Ford F-Series 50th anniversary set . I bought many of them when they were new . A friend has a complete set of the Mints . The ones we're still trying to find are the JC Penny cars .- Got about 3/4 of them . Those are very elusive .... Jeff K, does your friend have them too ??

Many of the tools for these cars are what the K Mart RT66 cars are made from .

I had lists for these when they were coming out & a lot of times they were wrong in what actually was made . When they were new , the schedule was 6 cars every month. For the most part , thats what they did . Most cars had 3 - 6 color variations on them .. I loved them , and was dissapointed to see them dropped .

·
Registered
318 Posts
I loved the RC mint cars and I was dissapointed that Canada didn't get the fire and police versions - I had to use alternate sources.

Around here they weren't that popular so it was fairly easy to get most of them. I am still watching out for the ones I missed. I have a little section in my display case for them.

BTW: Don't forget "The Classified Classics" another offshoot of the RCmint line some exclusive castings were used in that series that were pretty cool. Come to think of it, they had a sub-series in that line of cars in primer with mismatched wheels and paint.
..........hmmmm maybe RC has been playing with the JL line longer than everyone thought!!;)

Phil

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Jeff -

Do you have alist of the units they are liquidating and costs - there are a number of them I am hoping to locate as well - drop me a line.

Hope all is well with you.

Dip

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I'd have to dig, but I have some of them too. I also have 3 of the boxed sets of 5, and I think they came out as those started, and the colors of the cars in those are unique to those 3 sets. If I'm not mistaken, those came out and were numbered in order of release. I think the blue Viper was #1! I collected those between JL releases, and really like some of them alot. Really good looking cars.
If you want any, email me at: [email protected], or PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts