Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp, now live and running until Thursday, September 23rd! Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where I can find a catalog/list of the releases in the Racing Champions Mint Edition series? I skipped these when they came out because I was exclusively a Brand X collector at the time. Found a couple on vacation last week and they rekindled an interest in tracking them down.

Any info on this series -- or where I can find info (another BB maybe?) would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I know two private collectors who are looking to move out their stock of RC Mint. Contact me off-line and I'll give you details...

jk

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jeff Koch said:
I know two private collectors who are looking to move out their stock of RC Mint. Contact me off-line and I'll give you details...
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the heads-up. How do I get in touch with you? Just tried email through the board and it bounced...

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
There were 250 cars made in that series from 1996 - 1999 . There were also sub sets too from Target , J C Penny , etc & a couple 5 car box sets . Also from these tools were made Police & Fire sets , Stock Rods & Hot Rod Magazine cars . Also a Ford F-Series 50th anniversary set . I bought many of them when they were new . A friend has a complete set of the Mints . The ones we're still trying to find are the JC Penny cars .- Got about 3/4 of them . Those are very elusive .... Jeff K, does your friend have them too ??

Many of the tools for these cars are what the K Mart RT66 cars are made from .

I had lists for these when they were coming out & a lot of times they were wrong in what actually was made . When they were new , the schedule was 6 cars every month. For the most part , thats what they did . Most cars had 3 - 6 color variations on them .. I loved them , and was dissapointed to see them dropped .

·
Registered
318 Posts
I loved the RC mint cars and I was dissapointed that Canada didn't get the fire and police versions - I had to use alternate sources.

Around here they weren't that popular so it was fairly easy to get most of them. I am still watching out for the ones I missed. I have a little section in my display case for them.

BTW: Don't forget "The Classified Classics" another offshoot of the RCmint line some exclusive castings were used in that series that were pretty cool. Come to think of it, they had a sub-series in that line of cars in primer with mismatched wheels and paint.
..........hmmmm maybe RC has been playing with the JL line longer than everyone thought!!;)

Phil

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Jeff -

Do you have alist of the units they are liquidating and costs - there are a number of them I am hoping to locate as well - drop me a line.

Hope all is well with you.

Dip

·
Premium Member
5,478 Posts
I'd have to dig, but I have some of them too. I also have 3 of the boxed sets of 5, and I think they came out as those started, and the colors of the cars in those are unique to those 3 sets. If I'm not mistaken, those came out and were numbered in order of release. I think the blue Viper was #1! I collected those between JL releases, and really like some of them alot. Really good looking cars.
If you want any, email me at: [email protected], or PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts