Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I saw a documentary on her a few months back,she was a hot property back in her day.

"Lily Munster" revived her waning career and made her a household name.

Fred Gwynne and Al Lewis "Grandpa" will be waiting for her in the big cob-web in the sky.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Another icon of 60's television is gone. Strange to think of how many of these people made their mark in the era of TV, and could never get work after...even doing other comedies. Even though the article say the Munster's saved Yvonne De Carlo's career, I'm always reminded of how many stars were never used again from that period. I wonder how many of them knew their TV shows would kill their careers, or if they all just walked blindly into the situation, only to find themselves making appearances at conventions like Adam West for the next 30 odd years. Even in some of the B-movies he appeared in, he looked like a parody of himself. Talk about wierd careers.

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
I loved to watch "The Munsters" on TV. I was one of my favorite TV shows along with "Batman".

Butch Patrick (Eddie Munster) never did much either after appearing on "The Munsters".
I've seen him doing the Custom Car Show Tours signing his pictures.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Quantum said:
He's hilarious on the Fairly Odd Parents as Catman. :thumbsup:
Never saw thse shows. Of course, I don't watch much TV. Glad Adam West has been getting some parts though...he was long overdo. I have a video that shows him at a convention in his Batman suit. He looks loaded. It made me feel bad for the poor guy.

But since this thread is about Yvonne De Carlo, I don't want to digress too much. And yes, I've seen some of her older pics. She was a very attractive woman who shoud've recieved more credit than just being known as Lilly Munster. On the other hand, being an American icon may have it's drawbacks for a lot of careers, but none of these people will ever be forgotten. And their shows gave us all good memories without all the smut being delivered through much of the entertainment media these days. None of them ever needed an age rating, and the lines between the good guys and the bad guys were always clearly drawn. You didn't have to think a lot about where the moral factors were.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts